bid on a delta...got a veil...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jacblades

im not the jedi i should be
Reaction score
...so i bid on a beautiful pair of fish on aquabid in the delta/hm category and when i receive them, i realize that my new friends are veiltails! they are very nice fish but 47.00 is absurd for a pair of veils!

the seller seems nice and doesnt seem like the kind of person that would rip you off. she even sent me an extra female since i bid so much. do you think this was an honest mistake or do you think that the fish are a cross between veils and deltas or something like that?
in the top left auction picture, it looks like he is a delta but his tail is covered up in the bottom picture. was this done on purpose? the tail is light pink on the ends as well. does the auction picture look edited to yall? (notice in my pic there are a lot of black spots on his head but none in the auction picture)
i have not emailed the seller yet as i would like some opinions before i do so.

auction pics:
fwbettasd1092325177.jpg

auction link:
http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/clo...ttasd1092325177

my pics:
marblebetta1.jpg

marblebetta2.jpg

marblebetta3.jpg

marblebetta4.jpg

very misleading on her part Jac, They should have been put in the VT section. I am not sure what I would do but the pics appears she is covering the tail of them the way they are overlayed..... Best of luck.

the pics look like a VT. It sounds like its a scam. especially covering up the tail. you should tell the auqabid people about that and try to get your money back.

I agree... the way she overlapped the pictures it looks very deliberate, or at least rather shady. Try to contact her and see what she says.

rollntider said:
very misleading on her part Jac, They should have been put in the VT section. I am not sure what I would do but the pics appears she is covering the tail of them the way they are overlayed..... Best of luck.
I couldn't agree more. And quite honestly....I find it hard to believe that anybody bid up to 47 dollars for him without full view of his finnage. That is sooo not an insult towards you, I know that when people get their heart set on something they get bid crazy but what I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if it was her bidding against you :*)

Yep, you need to get your money back and leave negative feedback and report the seller. If you look at the sellers picture, you can see the fish has no ray splitting in the tail, a good sign it's not a Delta as they will have at least 1 split, whereas veiltales do not.

Linda

shrks1fan said:
you can see the fish has no ray splitting in the tail, a good sign it's not a Delta as they will have at least 1 split, whereas veiltales do not.

Linda
i wasnt looking for the rays in the pic but he does have a 2 way-split down all of them.

yeah-i went a little crazy bidding since several people kept outbidding me. the first person "bettasniper" had zero feedback so it could be anyone...
i just love marbles and wouldnt have dreamed that it was a vt...
i love vts but i can buy them for $3 at the pet store...

im going to email her and i will keep yall updated. :)

I couldn't see any splits either...

Sorry to hear about your misfortune though... hope everything gets resolved.

its an nice fish.but i think u should get ure money back.they probaly let u keep tha fish

I've got an idea. Have him send you the correct fish, you send him 8 bucks, and you get all fishies. -_-

well-im pretty sure that it is the same fish.

the picture was not accurately portrayed and the auction was not in the correct category.
im doubting that she has any actual deltasthat she could send me... :/

Yea, it may have been an honest mistake, and if that's the case, she/he should make up for her/his mistake (refund you the money and let you keep the fish or something like that). She/he has good feedback, so hopefully that's a sign that she/he is honorable.

Or on the bad side, it wasn't a mistake but she/he was truly trying to deceive people, and in that case she/he should be banned by aquabid.

Linda

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back