The Journey To Bringing My Imported Halfmoon Home

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good news. I'm sitting in the ER waiting room now, though. My sister may have broken her foot. Her disgusting ex-boyfriend is here, which is upsetting. We were actually moving in a new 65 gallon (we are getting rid of a few of our smaller tanks and returned the 29 gallon) when she dropped it. I have two giant tiger oscars sitting in boxes with water and a good gourami in a small critter keeper. We weren't planning on keeping the oscars, but it looks like they may be dead by the time we get back. There is not enough oxygen in their containers. The gourami has access to air though.

Hopefully it won't take too long and I'll be able to get her in her bed, and then get the fish into some clean water.

Oh dear that sounds a bit disastrous! Hope the oscars make it!

Her foot isn't broken. The tank has a floating base, so she just caught the weight of it, not the pressure of the whole thing. She's got a bad contusion, and she will be able to walk on it in a few days.

In other news, I'm hoping that I don't get called in to work today because my fish is due by three this afternoon. I've got five hours left. I'm very much ready for my pretty boy to come home.

He's here! He's here!

I've got him floating right now, but he is handsome. I think he's nipped at his fins a bit, but I'm confident that with some clean water and some time they will heal right up again. I'm calling him Pistol. I have a poor quality picture of him here, but once he is in the tank and settled, I shall take another one for everyone to see.

Woohooo, atti! Welcome to Pistol! Hope he settles down quickly!! Pics as soon as you can,atti!
smile.png

YAY!!  Glad he made it to you safe and sound!  Damages to the tail and other fins from travel is perfectly normal and should heal with warm clean water.  Can't wait to see him now that you have him in your care.    :)

Just got home from picking up final puppy supplies and some new scrubs, I'm getting a few pictures of him now. I've left him alone for a few hours to adjust, so he should be nice and settled now.

I was going to do a video but he is still a little timid. I'm uploading images now, so at least you'll be able to see him.

990B9729-384F-419C-BF2A-17E88DCA318C-701-0000011F3B0BF051_zpsf99efe51.jpg

Checking out his new snail friend

C068C02F-186D-452B-A06D-6A12ED69F963-701-0000011F44372AB9_zpsad972b5f.jpg

In this one you can really see his colors.

5E991687-909F-4D25-BE36-267E3BC869CC-701-0000011F4B98EE47_zps775fa02e.jpg

Pistol chilling by the dragon.

Fabulous-looking betta, atti! He's lovely!! You must be so pleased with him!

Yes I'm quite pleased with him! He likes hanging out under the dragon's chin. I think he is settling in nicely.

He is a handsome chap! Welcome to your lovely new home pistol :D

Okay. I'm totally in love. Pistol has really perked up. He eats well. I haven't offered him any of the pellets, but he takes the brine shrimp with gusto. I'll feed him some beef heart and some pellet later this week too. I haven't been interacting with him too much because I want him to settle down and get comfortable with his new home before I start playing with him like I do Phoenix or King. Today he is showing his purple. Pictures soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back