bid on a delta...got a veil...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

f250fisherman said:
Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. I think it is the same fish. The white area on his back is in both pics, yours and hers. It is changing, as is the black spots on the face, but it is a marble, so it will change a good bit. . I have a few extra bettas, if you are interested. They are not the best from the spawn, but are from good lines, and carry the genes. You could get a few very nice fish from their spawn. Be a good place to start. The shipping will depend on where you are. I'll give you the fish to make up for your bad experience on aquabid. Let me know......f250fisherman

Here's a brother.. Neither are as nice as the ones I kept from that spawn. They will throw a few nice babies.
thats the nicest thing I heard anyone do....I was gonna offer some once I got some big enough LOL...

its nice to know that there are such kind people in the world :) thanks :wub:

yes-they are the same fish. he is even more freckley now. he barely has any white left on him. the females have gotten darker as well.

black angel said:
:/ just spent nearly 2 hours reading this thread, all the way through i might add. My brain is frazzled. :crazy: anyways, im not going to go into the who is wrong and who is right. i just didnt realise that there were so many different types of betta :blink: All the years ive been keeing tropicals (about 20) and i have only ever seen the veiltails, at least that is what i now believe them to be called.
The avatars that i have been seeing of all the different bettas are just so gorgeous and i know that i have never seen anything like them in scotland. :-( i now so want some.
anyways, can some one post some pictures of different types and what they are called so i can sit and look at them in awe?
even a picture of the delta would be good :D
:)
http://www.bettasrus.com/bcorner/tails/index.htm

f250fisherman said:
Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. I think it is the same fish. The white area on his back is in both pics, yours and hers. It is changing, as is the black spots on the face, but it is a marble, so it will change a good bit. . I have a few extra bettas, if you are interested. They are not the best from the spawn, but are from good lines, and carry the genes. You could get a few very nice fish from their spawn. Be a good place to start. The shipping will depend on where you are. I'll give you the fish to make up for your bad experience on aquabid. Let me know......f250fisherman

Here's a brother.. Neither are as nice as the ones I kept from that spawn. They will throw a few nice babies.
if you put any on bid a fish for sale let me know, I would definately bid on them ;)

BabbleFish said:
finaldynazty , why do you think it's not even the same fish? from where i sit it looks like either a. the seller had her camarah flash and lighting sources VERY bright to wash out the spotts and imperfections. or b. the picture was airbrushed and messed with.

but i'de like to know why you think that, i'm curiouse to be proven wrong ^_^
We already resolved this you two, 11 pages earlier. :rolleyes: .

I have a steel male that turned marble. He went completely white, and then turned steel again. Now his dorsal is white, and his body is 2/3 white again, with some steel left on the body. Marbles are very different fish, and they all change differently. I personally don't like marbles because the gene messes with things down the road. I was conditioning the steel to spawn him, when he started showing marble. No other fish in the spawn has shown the marble gene. Thats why I don't like them. I would have been very disappointed to have spawned him, then have him marble up. His father was a very nice HM royal from overseas. There are actually different marble genes. This type will shed his color. There is steel colored muck on the bottom of his tank when he changes. His finnage gets very thin and weak as he goes thru this. Both times his caudal has split. When he got his color back the first time he changed, his finnage got thick and strong, and healed really fast. Different than anything I have seen so far. Here's a pic when he first started to show a color change.

Attachments

• P5270011__640_x_480_.jpg
    P5270011__640_x_480_.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 82
i wondered why this topic came up... :lol:
yes i paid $57 for the veils and kept them. i didnt want to risk them dying in the mail.

one female is doing great in one of my communities, the male is doing ok in his own tank (although he has never been very active and has only flared once that i have seen) and the other female definately has something wrong with her. hse never perked up, rarely moves and just sits at the bottom corner of her tank every day. i have tried everything but shes just a dud... :/

i am thinking the seller just wanted ot get rid of these fish because there is something wrong with them. (the healthy female was a free extra that was thrown in)
every male betta that i own has made at least one bubblenest before with the exception of this male.

so what ever happened to the "be weary of these aquabid sellers" topic we were going to make...?

but f250fisherman sent me 5 fish and i am enjoying them much :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back