Betta With Shredded Tail - Have I Done All I Can For Now?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ha ha, good news, he certainly seems to be keeping you on your toes!

He certainly is Shel.
It's like musical chairs in his tank! I've had to remove the "temple" as his dorsal fin is looking a bit worse for wear. He's had a tendency to rest under the "grass" and it's obviously been damaging it.
However his tail is looking much much better apart from the missing bit and fortunately he's still getting Catappa X daily so hopefully his dorsal fin will heal quickly too.

Just saw your thread now, what an adventurer you've got on your hands. 
Isn't it just like someone punched you in the stomach when they show up with something "not right"?! Ugh, I hate that feeling! So glad that he's healing nicely.

Thanks I'm glad too. That is so true, Meeresstille! I felt physically sick when I saw his poor tail the first time!
Just shows you can't be complacent about anything with bettas especially the long-finned and -tailed ones. Never had this problem with my plakat. His problem was that he was a dragon and eventually the scales grew completely over his eyes and he couldn't see his food.

Well the little tyke has done it again - the bottom portion of his tail has gone missing now, leaving a long thin section in the middle that looks like a dart! I'd already removed everything with plastic on it and rough wood and added a silk plant - the only thing left that I can think of is the filter! Have studied his tail and it doesn't look white at the edges and he's behaving normally unlike last time when he went into hiding. I had done a water change today using the manual syphon for water out and battery one for water in. He definitely went nowhere near the end of the manual one and the business end of the battery one was in the bucket of replacement water not the tank.
How can I protect him from ore prevent him from lolling against the filter without compromising it's flow? The stocking I used last time prevented waste matter from getting into the filter.

Have been looking into sponge filters and seen a vid on Youtube on how to make an invisible filter. The only thing that puts me off is the noise of the air pump would probably drive me crazy so if anyone knows of a virtually silent air pump I'd love to hear about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIrQ_RWGRKI

Most reactions

trending

Back