The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Keray92

Reaction score
Please help! Iā€™m literally freaking out right now. My betta fish is constipated. He has a long black fece hanging from his body. I tried to leave him alone overnight to see itā€™ll help but this morning heā€™s laying on his side and not moving! Iā€™m putting him in an epsom salt bath right now but idk if itā€™s working. I donā€™t want him to die. Please help me save my fish!

The epsom salt may help, but it seems heā€™s pretty far gone. :confused: Is he eating at all? You can try a mashed pea maybe. I donā€™t know much about bettas, but it works for goldfish. Any more updates on how heā€™s doing?

Unfortunately, I tried feeding him the pea, but heā€™s not responding to it. I put him back in the tank and heā€™s just at the bottom standing still. Iā€™m so stressed out right now because heā€™s usually a happy fish. I really want him to get better

I believe my betta fish has died heā€™s not breathing and moving anymore. I feel like a terrible fish owner. Iā€™m going to bury him today. Really depress right now. I really wanted him to thrive and be happy

I believe my betta fish has died heā€™s not breathing and moving anymore. I feel like a terrible fish owner. Iā€™m going to bury him today. Really depress right now. I really wanted him to thrive and be happy
Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. I wish I could have helped more. In the future, be very careful about what and how much you are feeding your betta fish. Some fish are more prone to that kind of problem than others unfortunately.

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. I wish I could have helped more. In the future, be very careful about what and how much you are feeding your betta fish. Some fish are more prone to that kind of problem than others unfortunately.

I usually feed him a decent amount and let him fast for a day but I guess this time it was too much. God, I feel so horrible right now. Thank you for the advice.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back