Best light for 10 gallon planted tank?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

The fish that Byron mentioned - those in the Boraras genus are red and ember tetras are deep orange (they look washed out in shop tanks but colour up when they've settled in).

The fish that Byron mentioned - those in the Boraras genus are red and ember tetras are deep orange (they look washed out in shop tanks but colour up when they've settled in).
Ok! I'll probably end up doing the rasboras, ember tetras, or killifish. Thank you so much for the advice! I'm gonna go ahead and post on the Killifish area of the forums to see what the Killifish experts think.

Ok! What other colorful options do I have besides Killifish? I was just doing some looking around and it seems they live a very short time.

The Boraras rasboras are bright red with variable (depending upon the species) black markings. One of the most common and lovliest is Boraras brigittae, pictured below. I had a group of 11 of these in that 10g with the 9 pygmy cories. Must have floating plants (most of these nano fish do actually), and a sand substrate for the cories.

Photos are Boraras brigittae, Bororas maculatus, Brevibora dorsiocellata, Danio erythromicron. These are all nano species.

Attachments

• Boraras brigittae4.jpg
    Boraras brigittae4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Boraras maculatus2.jpg
    Boraras maculatus2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Brevibora dorsiocellata2.jpg
    Brevibora dorsiocellata2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Danio [Microrasbora] erythromicron2.jpg
    Danio [Microrasbora] erythromicron2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 119
The Boraras rasboras are bright red with variable (depending upon the species) black markings. One of the most common and lovliest is Boraras brigittae, pictured below. I had a group of 11 of these in that 10g with the 9 pygmy cories. Must have floating plants (most of these nano fish do actually), and a sand substrate for the cories.

Photos are Boraras brigittae, Bororas maculatus, Brevibora dorsiocellata, Danio erythromicron. These are all nano species.
Those are stunning! So could I feasibly have 10 of those along with 6-8 pgymy corys?

Those are stunning! So could I feasibly have 10 of those along with 6-8 pgymy corys?

Yes, any of those species in a group of 9-12, but up the cories to the same. Nano fish really do have much better health with larger numbers.

Most reactions

Back