Before I Seriously Damage A £100 Brand New Filter

minx, have a look on youtube,sometimes people put vids of them setting up there filters on there for this very purpose :)

good luck xxx
 
Thanks for the PM nelly, Ive read all that, doesnt help, I cant get to the impellor, all I can do is take the cover off it, I cant get inside it to see if its clogged or in the right place, it doesnt move freely when I touch it.

There is definatley no trapped air in it, Ive done everything I can, I shall try one last time to open it up, empty the pipes, canister everything and re-prime see if that helps.

is this any good to you, u can get the maual from here apparently... lets hope its not the half page that you already have :/

[URL="http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/index.js...mp;list=afilter"]http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/index.js...mp;list=afilter[/URL]

Yep thats it.
 
Right after a heck of a lot of swearing, I managed to get the lid off, there must be an easier way cos that is ridiculous, honestly its vacuum sealed, took apart the impellor piece, yes there is a way, thats all fine and dandy, emptied all the water out of the canister, pipes etc, put it all back together again, primed it, which is a feat in itself and its still the noisiest filter on the planet. I give up, its going down the dump, kiss goodbye to £100 and EX2400 here I come.

eheim, crap IMO.
 
Im being patient, how many times should you have to take it apart to get it to work? And why do all the clips that are supposed to hold the lid onto the canister keep falling off, how they heck are they supposed to hold it down if they fall off?

Im crying now, Ive had enough - seriously, its not like I can afford to waste this amount of money, only customer service number I can find is in Germany, I wonder how they feel about english people screaming foul language at them down the phone.

Im going to go and calm down now.
 
Did you buy it online or at a store, minx?
Contact the retailer first in the event of equipment failure. Your statutory rights state that a faulty product should be exchanged for a working one.

Although when we first set up our Fluval 405 we looked at each other and said "blimey, it's a bit noisy", we did all sorts like standing it on a piece of foam core board and whatnot. But after a couple of days it really did quieten down.

Just don't even think about tipping it in the skip - you'll feel worse because you know how much it cost. Get in touch with the retailer first and take it from there.
Hope it's all sorted real soon.
 
just walk away from it for a little while, have a coffee or 5 and clear your head, its a lot of money and you will kick yourself if you end up throwing it and breaking it.. ( thats always my first course of action )


c`mon hun were all here for you, and the most of us know what your going thru.. chin up. youll get it when you least expect it but u need a cool head to do it ;) :)


shelagh xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
let's cheer up the minx myster
hilarious-4.jpg


see duck's down my way have breed with something, do you think it's a problem?
hilarious.jpg


shela's setting up her home entertainment again
11-5-08-dtv-commercial.jpg
 
Have contacted the retailer I got it from to ask them for a new impellor as its the only thing I can think is causing the noise, its a definate vibration noise, if I put my hand on the lid and push down it helps (not a lot). But the lid doesnt pull down tight on the canister as the clips do nothing to hold it on, its literally the vacuum holding it down, which cannot be right. Unfortunatley in my effort to get to the impellor Ive caused slight damage, nothing that effects its use, but I now cant exchange it.

I know you probably al think Im completely nuts (and you wouldnt be wrong) but Ive never had a filter like this, its just horrendous, you can honestly hear it up the stairs, this constant hum/vibration noise, its driving me mad, I cant stand noise, I have very good hearing, the TT I have, I cannot hear it at all - I have to put my ear on it to hear it to check its working, so I know this cannot be right.

Im off to an LFS to get some shrimpies, might cheer me up a bit :)
 
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0AEVHzuyU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0AEVHzuyU[/URL]

think you may have to bare with it???

someone's set this fluval fx5 up wrong, sound's to me like there's not enough water in the to start the priming, and air has got trapped.or the motor's knackered....mine is silent, as said before i also have to bend over to put ear on filter to check its working or not
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-JXxbGHek"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-JXxbGHek[/URL]
 
Yep thats the noise, I wont put up with it nelly, I cant, honestly Ive gone out to the LFS (no shrimp btw) come home and its the 1st thing you hear as you walk thru the door, I hate it :(

I'll sell it and get a proper filter if this one cant be fixed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top