Bargain Fish - Do You Know An Lfs That Does This?

StatMan

Fish Crazy
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
222
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Chelmsford, Essex
My son and I went looking for a couple of bits today so I workes out a route that would take in a couple of LFS that were close to our starting point that we had not visited before.

One of them was Billericay Aquatics, had an average range of fish but my son spotted a sign on the door:

Zebra Danios - 5 for £1

Looking at the tank they were labelled up at 5 for £5 (approx) so I asked if this was correct, the assistant said yes they do "specials" every week and as I had been considering these for my tank I got a group of 15 for £3!!

I am now tempted to phone this LFS regularly to find what else is on offer.

StatMan
 
aaaah that good for you my lfs does specials aswell selling bn plec 3 for 6 pounds..... buy you get em when ther only about 2 inches

oops sorry just realised it said 3 pounds
 
hey wen i bought my first bn at 2.5inches from an lfs it cost me £12.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I've seen sales like this in the chain stores in my area but not in the independent lfs. If they look like healthy fish, and they are suitable to your tank, why not take advantage of a bargain. :D
 
It happens here all the time in the LFS. It seldom seems to happen in the big chain stores. The chain stores seem to run more special prices on hardware but not on fish.
 
Petco in my area runs specials on selected tetras, 99 cents each, quite often. Can get a nice school of neons for not a lot of money. Occasionally, the largest true fish store has a buy 3 get one free deal. Their fish are generally a little high anyway so that just gets the price down to where it should be anyway..
 
Petco in my area runs specials on selected tetras, 99 cents each, quite often. Can get a nice school of neons for not a lot of money. Occasionally, the largest true fish store has a buy 3 get one free deal. Their fish are generally a little high anyway so that just gets the price down to where it should be anyway..

at petland downhere on tuesdays you buy 1 of any tropical fish get the second free!
but you have to be a member like me! :D
 
Petco also requires you have their card. Man I hate every store having a card now. My wallet has no money in it but I've got 2 dozen "frequent shopper" cards in it. My key ring won't hold them all. Sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine and don't want to drag this off topic.
 
My son and I went looking for a couple of bits today so I workes out a route that would take in a couple of LFS that were close to our starting point that we had not visited before.

One of them was Billericay Aquatics, had an average range of fish but my son spotted a sign on the door:

Zebra Danios - 5 for £1

Looking at the tank they were labelled up at 5 for £5 (approx) so I asked if this was correct, the assistant said yes they do "specials" every week and as I had been considering these for my tank I got a group of 15 for £3!!

I am now tempted to phone this LFS regularly to find what else is on offer.

StatMan

Stat man

i visit Amwell aquatics frequently in Cambridge, Pets Corner in A'rlow is pretty decent, and i heard their is a few good places in braintree....

Gav
 
The LFS near me does a buy 5 get 1 (all must be same species) all the time.

They also have a 99cent tank, although it rarely has anything in it. Occasionally some platies or something similarly common.
 
The LFS near me does a buy 5 get 1 (all must be same species) all the time.

Same at my LFS, not necessarily 6 for 5, but usually some sort of 'buy x get y free' on a lot of their fish. They also hold regular '10% off everything' days, and they do a loyalty card which gets you a 10% off voucher whenever you cumulatively spend over £250. :good:

Although it does feel a little worrying to have a loyalty card for a fish shop. Obsessed? Me? Nah... :blush:
 
pets at home had a mixed livebearer tank at 50p each a couple of months ago near me first an dlast time though and some were no more than a week old. I got a nice orange platy and a twin sword guppy.
 
by me there's a store called Aquarium Adventure and with a $6/year membership you save 25% on all fish and plants and a few times a year they have a 50% off sale
 

Most reactions

Back
Top