baking soda clears your water???

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I don't know if baking soda will clear up water, but I do know that baking soda is Sodium Bicarbonate. Maybe one of the chemists out there will be able to calculate this for sure, but if you add enough of a weak base to a solution you will either be adding a buffer or raising the pH. I wouldn't add it unless I were sure what effect it would have on the pH...

i wasant making fun just saying that just cause you use it in a pool doaent mean its safe for feeesh

Bakeing soda will raise ph and hardness so be carful They make products to clear water and they make diatom filters to polish water clean. Baking soda is only important in soft water areas.

Opcn

baking soda will raise the KH of the water, and raise the ph to, and no further then, 8.2. It's a great tool to use in alkaline tanks like that of African cichlids, but otherwise should be avoided.

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME>>>>>

I DID THIS AS A CHILD AND I FEEL BAD FOR IT ....

I know if you cover bread pieces in Baking soda and give them to seagulls the seagulls will explode ....

Oh my. :/

Sounds much like what they say about throwing rice at weddings and the birds eating the rice,their bellies swell and rupture. I haven't experienced that but I've heard it alot. :X

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back