Bacon Or Sausage Butty?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I normally have bacon but my wife got me sausages this weekend. Not a patch on bacon for me. feel quite disappointed now!!

none.

I take a bit of soda bread toasted, fresh tomatto sliced then bacon with gratted cheese grilled on top :) just as easy to make a butty and way better!!

none.

I take a bit of soda bread toasted, fresh tomatto sliced then bacon with gratted cheese grilled on top :) just as easy to make a butty and way better!!

daft question by me but whats soda bread?

none.

daft question by me but whats soda bread?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soda_bread

Its best in farl farm :)

Soda bread is a type of quick bread in which baking soda has been substituted for yeast. The ingredients of traditional soda bread are flour, baking soda, salt, and buttermilk. Other ingredients can be added such as raisins or various forms of nuts.

The buttermilk in the dough contains lactic acid, which reacts with the baking soda to form tiny bubbles of carbon dioxide. Soda bread can dry out quickly and is typically good for two to three days; it is best served warm or toasted. In Ireland, typically the flour is made from soft wheat; so soda bread is best made with a cake or pastry flour (made from soft wheat), which has lower levels of gluten than a bread flour.

Various forms of soda bread are popular throughout Ireland. The bread is either brown or white, with the former known colloquially as "brown bread" in the Republic of Ireland or wheaten bread in Northern Ireland. The two major types are the loaf and the "griddle cake", or farl in Northern Ireland. The loaf form takes a more rounded shape and has a cross cut in the top to allow the bread to expand. The griddle cake or farl, is a more flattened type of bread. It is cooked on a griddle allowing it to take a more flat shape and split into four sections.

Damper is a traditional Australian soda bread most likely brought to Australia by Irish immigrants.

I'm going to have to get some now are
n't I!!

well i dnt like the phrase "butty", but i prefer both together with loads of HP sauce!

well i dnt like the phrase "butty", but i prefer both together with loads of HP sauce!

your not from down south are you? lol

I know I said bacon, but.........................

I thought that but my bacon yesterday tasted so much better

has this thread made anyone hungry yet!!!

I forgot to add that my sossie sandwich was soon to be covered in tommy ketchup!

funny this thread, but i had a lovely sausage butty this morning yummy :)

Crispy bacon. Very soft white bread. Either tomato or BBQ sauce, depending on how I'm feeling.

Had one for tea yesterday, very nice.

The great thing about bacon is you can get one anywhere. Going to Subway but don't want all that salady rubbish? Have bacon! Burger King? Add some bacon (great with a Chicken Royale, make sure you don't have lettuce and mayo though). Cafe? Bacon butty. Great times.

defo has to crispy bacon lol and on a butty

i used to absolutely love bacon... but im going off it now.. :(

so i'd say some good quality irish sausages, smothered in tomato ketchup, in fresh white bread.

:drool: :hyper:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back