strange gift…

Magnum Man32 146

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
Jun 21, 2023
Messages
7,624
Reaction score
6,871
Points
113
Location
Southern MN
a friend of my wife wants us to take an aquarium from her ( and Mrs. actually told me about it ) a 90 gallon corner tank… I’ve not seen it, so I’m not sure of the actual dimensions… is this likely a practical size tank.. the picture of it I saw, had rift lake cichlids in it… not exactly sure where I want to go with this one… looks to be a bow front, so I assume it’s acrylic… thoughts???
 
Last edited:
If you pass up this opportunity, respectfully, you have betrayed all of us MTS sufferers who cannot keep getting more ;)

Google says the standard 90g corner dimensions are typically as follows:
34 inches along the two flat back walls and stands 24 to 30 inches tall. The front face bows outward in an arc, requiring approximately 48 inches of clearance between the two far corners.

This gives lots of options! Because it’s tall, it’s tall enough for angels if you want to go that direction. You could do a biotope of some kind, or if you have a dream fish you’ve never kept yet you can plan the whole tank around them :)
 
I personally hate bowfront aquariums, I have had a couple, and in both cases have given them away. On the other hand a 90 gallon tank would sure be nice. For me it would depend on the amount of work to get the 90 to a functional state.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top