Backtotropical's Main Tank

Looking good. By the time your ready to do a total strip down and fresh aquascape you'll be at a point where you've learnt enough to create something beautiful.
Careful adding more stock. Don't over shoot your stocking limit too much it increases the chances of algae.
how are you finding sand?
also are you still battling yellow water? if so buy some "purigen" the stuff is AMAZING! Will clear the most stuborn tannin tea.

Cheers Garuf. :good:

No more stock will be added. It's quite well stocked as is. Sand is great. It looks so much better than gravel, the corys love to dig in it, and the plants like it, so everyone is happy.

I'm not really battling yellow water anymore. About 1,000 water changes later and it seems to be under control.

What do you think?

DSC01310.jpg

My Rummy-Noses

DSC01312.jpg

and 2 of my Keyholes

DSC01319.jpg

Those pictures were taken tonight. Comments welcome as always. :good:

lovely tank, im thinking of changing to sand, and your tank makes me wan't to even more :good:

Ok, here goes:-

1 x Bulldog Pleco
2 x Royal Whiptails
7 x Peppered Corys
3 x Dwarf Gouramis
3 x Sailfin Mollies
40 x Neon Tetra (.....ish........too many to count)
8 x Rummy-Nose Tetra
8 x Round-Banded Barb
3 x Guppies
8 x Zebra Danios
4 x Keyhole Cichlids

Cheers. :good:

BTT

Well what can I say, ive only just stumbled accross this topic so ive had the pleasure of seeing the whole process within minutes.

My thoughts exactly! You've transformed the tank from the very first picture in to a real home! Great setup!

Wow this tank has progressed nicely. You should place this in the planted tank journals if you haven't already. Just some quick thoughts. I believe Aponogeton Madagascariensis is a difficult plant to grow and requires a lot of light and co2, but I may be wrong. But it is an awesome plants so I hope it does well in your tank. Also, I know some cichlids are pretty aggressive, how do they do with the rest of your fish? I dont really have much experience with cichlids. I dont think I am even spelling it right!

Did your pH ever go down or is it still at 8.0?

Overall, looks great and the one picture of the full tank shot and the blue gourami in the middle looks awesome!

Thanks again everyone. I have started a journal in the planted tank section. You can see it here.

Unfortunately the Madagascarensis didn't do well at all. I believe now that it really needs good CO2 and cooler water along with water free of floating debris as it clogs up the skeleton structure of the leaves. I may try it again sometime.

The keyhole cichlids are one of the least aggressive cichlids and don't cause the other fish many problems. They have spawned 3 times now, but none successful, yet!

Ph did come down and sits constantly at 7.5 now. I am also thinking of upgrading my CO2 after Xmas to a Dennerle pressurised system, so i'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for the comments, and i'll post some updated pics soon.

BTT :good:

Hi BackToTropical! I've become such of a fan of you and your aquarium! It's so wonderful! Hehe.. :good: Uhm, may I just ask, how many gallons is your tank? Hehe.. Thanks!

Hi BackToTropical! I've become such of a fan of you and your aquarium! It's so wonderful! Hehe.. :good: Uhm, may I just ask, how many gallons is your tank? Hehe.. Thanks!

You are very kind Pokemonmastah. My tank is 260 litres which is 57 UK gallons or 69 US gallons. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back