Babys!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

yeah thats right just neons and cory or honey gourami and corys thats all you can have and thats probably just a bit overstocked but not much to really hurt if you keep up with maintanace as said a millions times a betta is your best bet either 1 betta and 3 adf`s or 1betta and some ghost shrimp. You need to realise mate just how small your tank is and that isnt me getting at you before you go off on one.

i dont go "of on one".....iv already said i cant get my hands on bettas + the corys are in my tank so i cant have them and adfs and i cant find them either! :no:

have you asked your lfs if they can order in a betta for you? It's worth a shot if you want a betta :)

yes but if im only keeping a betta..do they have lots of personality like corys and devlope charachteristics? (sp)
:fish:

all bettas have a great personality you go readup on them in the betta section theyll put you straight most lfs will order a betta in for anyone and also adfs only come in to my lfs every 2-3 weeks so check often you might get lucky

what types of betta can u get (sorry i dont have a clue about them)

iv just read this (last bits a bit soppy):

I tried again with other bettas. They did okay (living average lifespans), but it seemed like there would always be something wrong with them. A betta would stop eating for days. The next week another betta's beautiful fins would split... and then never heal... no matter what I did.

Then there would be the persistent fin rot popping up on my fish.

I kept their water insanely clean. I treated them like pampered royalty, catering to all their wants. I followed all the instructions I could.

But still, there was always something. I got so tired of it. I'm a grown man -- which makes me ashamed to admit this -- but there were days I broke down and cried. I love bettas and want to do everything I can for them.

iv just read this (last bits a bit soppy):

I tried again with other bettas. They did okay (living average lifespans), but it seemed like there would always be something wrong with them. A betta would stop eating for days. The next week another betta's beautiful fins would split... and then never heal... no matter what I did.

Then there would be the persistent fin rot popping up on my fish.

I kept their water insanely clean. I treated them like pampered royalty, catering to all their wants. I followed all the instructions I could.

But still, there was always something. I got so tired of it. I'm a grown man -- which makes me ashamed to admit this -- but there were days I broke down and cried. I love bettas and want to do everything I can for them.

and this:

"My bettas get sick so much of the time and so many of them die. It makes me feel like an awful fish mommy. It takes so much anguish to nurse them back to health, or they die and I have to cry about the horrible loss of my pet."
- Jill Stevens, of Atlanta, Georgia

I heard from a lot of other frustrated betta owners as well:

"It's too much work. I hate having to change the water so much."
- Jeff P., Barstow, California

"Mopes around with no energy and I donno what to do."
- William Tan, Singapore

Is that all your going to do just type copy other peoples posts you ever stop to realise that people get attatched to there pets its not for you to cut and paste as reasons for you not to get bettas and i bet the people who wrote them would be well chuffed when they see you doing that and call them soppy how about you grow up.

read how to care for them, their so easy i keep one and it's never been ill. just need to do water changes like you would any fish and feed it the right diet.

o ok, thats good to hear that there easy to keep. :D

is the pic in ur sig the one u keep?

no i just like that one lol, i keep a masked crowntail that has a metallic blue sort of body and half red fins at the ends and half blue fins at the base.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back