Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Babies upon Babies!

Discussion in 'Livebearers' started by pjwilford, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Built2Prfctn

Built2Prfctn Member

2. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

From my understanding I thought the eggs in the tumbler were found/abandoned. I am perfectly aware of what stripping mouth brooders is and means as I've done it a few times myself to ensure I get a batch going before Mom spits them in the main tank.

Also @Built2Prfctn it is better to start your own thread for questions like that, you will get more views and more answer that way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pjwilford

pjwilford New Member

I agree! A separate post would be more beneficial to you! However, to answer your question, if you think she is about to pop, it may not be a bad idea! Keep us updated :)

4. pjwilford

pjwilford New Member

You are correct! Thank you! Yes, they were found/abandoned and we are trying our best to save them. Removed the discolored ones today.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Craycray

Craycray New Member

How did you use your tumbler? I have 2 different style tumblers and both let my angel eggs fall through the holes then my emerald cat fish eggs fell through

6. Demeter32

Demeter32 Member

Angel eggs don't really belong in a tumbler as they are not mouth brooding cichlid. The parents simply fan the eggs and can for the fry as they absorb the yolk sacs. For artificial hatching I'd simply take the object the eggs were laid on and move it to a separate tank complete with a heater and air stone positioned just above the eggs. All you really need is water movement over the eggs and you're good to go.