The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks for the kind words! Cool video. We got a black lab puppy this summer, and I wanted to name him either Cuchulain or Mordubh. I was outvoted on both, so now we have Tayo. :)

Yes, I play the bodhran. It's an easy instrument to begin but tricky to master. I am still learning the subtleties. John Joe Kelly is another one of my heroes.

I am not Irish; I'm from Wyoming, of mostly Scottish ancestry. I am a classically trained musician, self-taught on the whistle. My journey to Scottish and Irish traditional music began with the realization long ago that I could not take my euphonium backpacking. :) The slow air is by Bill Whelan, from "Riverdance." The jig is by the great fiddle player Linda Relph.
Scottish-Irish-your a Celt either way. My mother has both

Scottish-Irish-your a Celt either way. My mother has both
Yep. They all kind of blended together back in the day. Also, you might like to know that my ancestral clan (Gunn, from Caithness and Sutherland) was started by a Viking. So there you go.

1( Where did you take it?
at home

2( What is it? (Explain)
its a digital image of a 3D model/animation that I created using cinema 4d, that's been passed through another setup I had in TouchDesigner, where I was trying to replicate an effect known as Rutt Etra.

3( Why is it special to you?
it was just a pic that seemed to stand out a bit - I enjoy messing about making 'digital art'.

Last edited:
1( Where did you take it?
at home

2( What is it? (Explain)
its a digital image of a 3D model/animation that I created using cinema 4d, that's been passed through another setup I had in TouchDesigner, where I was trying to replicate an effect known as Rutt Etra.

3( Why is it special to you?
it was just a pic that seemed to stand out a bit - I enjoying messing about making 'digital art'.
Stunning.

Thanks for the kind words! Cool video. We got a black lab puppy this summer, and I wanted to name him either Cuchulain or Mordubh. I was outvoted on both, so now we have Tayo. :)

Yes, I play the bodhran. It's an easy instrument to begin but tricky to master. I am still learning the subtleties. John Joe Kelly is another one of my heroes.

I am not Irish; I'm from Wyoming, of mostly Scottish ancestry. I am a classically trained musician, self-taught on the whistle. My journey to Scottish and Irish traditional music began with the realization long ago that I could not take my euphonium backpacking. :) The slow air is by Bill Whelan, from "Riverdance." The jig is by the great fiddle player Linda Relph.

Scotland is a beautiful country. Hope you've had a chance to visit. The bodhrán just fascinated me - I should really try learn to play it.

OK, new avatar.
Where did you take it: My daughter took it in our back yard.
What is it: It's me, about to kill a hay bale with Jubal, my longbow.
Why is it special to you: Because I actually hit the hay bale.
PA_shooting.gif

New avatar...

What? Naga Morich pepper
Where? My hand, picked from my garden today
Why? Because it will destroy mortal men!

For comparison:
Tabasco hot sauce = 2,500 scoville heat units.
Naga Morich pepper = 1.5 Milion scoville heat units.

Whose hungry?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back