The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

1( Where did you take it? - My old 135 gallon, I would guess around 2011/12
2( What is it? My old female Nicaraguan
3( Why is it special to you? My favourite fish I've ever owned, lost her when I over crowded the tank and learned a very tough lesson. Only enjoyed a one or two fish as much since. She was about 8 inches when I lost her.
Probably my favourite avatar on here

Where did you take it? I drew it for my website a few years ago.
What is it? A Badger. Playing a Whistle. One might even go so far as to call it a Whistling Badger.
Why is it special: I'm a great admirer of badgers, because they embody several traits that I greatly value: Tenacity, loyalty, individuality, endurance, refusal to back down in the face of long odds.
Also, i am a whistle player.

...and Bob's your uncle!

I have seen a few badgers in the wild while hunting or hiking and stay out of their way. Wisconsin is known as the Badger state.
Honey badgers are tough little creatures. They stand up to male lions! o_O

(Saw that on Animal Planet)

1( Where did you take it? My house

2( What is it? (Explain) me, myself and I (on a good day)

3( Why is it special to you? Its not, I thought if I spoke to anyone at least they could put a face to who they are talking to.
That’s why I really liked the “Maybe a bit creepy!” Thread. It out a face to everyone. :)

1( Where did you take it?
In front of my 5 gallon tank.

2( What is it? (Explain)
It's a picture of my betta, Mooki, in his clay temple aka his throne.

3( Why is it special to you?
Because he just looks so cute when he's in that temple. :wub:

What is it? A Badger. Playing a Whistle. One might even go so far as to call it a Whistling Badger.
Why is it special: I'm a great admirer of badgers, because they embody several traits that I greatly value: Tenacity, loyalty, individuality, endurance, refusal to back down in the face of long odds.

...and Bob's your uncle!
I had no idea you could draw sound and emotion like that out of a whistle. That was incredible, thank you for sharing!

I had no idea you could draw sound and emotion like that out of a whistle. That was incredible, thank you for sharing!
Thank you kindly! The whistle is an incredibly expressive instrument. Check out Joanie Madden and Brian Finnegan on youtube--both absolutely amazing players.

I learned those tunes in memory of my mother, who was the bravest person I've ever known. You can buy my cd through my website (in my sig), if you're into buying things. Thus far, every single one of my songs has succeeded in evading the charts! :cool:

...and Bob's your uncle!

Do you play the bodhrán? It's an instrument I'd love to play. It's trickier than it looks too!

Are you Irish? Defo your grandmother was if she taught you that on the fadóg stán (tin whistle). We all had to play it in primary school but haven't tried it since.

I dont know the piece of music but it's really nice - great job on the fadóg stán! :thumbs:

This is a nice animation of the tale of cú Chulainn for those unfamiliar.

Do you play the bodhrán? It's an instrument I'd love to play. It's trickier than it looks too!

Are you Irish? Defo your grandmother was if she taught you that on the fadóg stán (tin whistle). We all had to play it in primary school but haven't tried it since.

I dont know the piece of music but it's really nice - great job on the fadóg stán! :thumbs:
Thanks for the kind words! Cool video. We got a black lab puppy this summer, and I wanted to name him either Cuchulain or Mordubh. I was outvoted on both, so now we have Tayo. :)

Yes, I play the bodhran. It's an easy instrument to begin but tricky to master. I am still learning the subtleties. John Joe Kelly is another one of my heroes.

I am not Irish; I'm from Wyoming, of mostly Scottish ancestry. I am a classically trained musician, self-taught on the whistle. My journey to Scottish and Irish traditional music began with the realization long ago that I could not take my euphonium backpacking. :) The slow air is by Bill Whelan, from "Riverdance." The jig is by the great fiddle player Linda Relph.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back