Are they normal?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I got two yo-yo loaches about four days ago (they are only an inch long, if that, and just adorable). :wub: :wub: The first few days the smaller one stayed around the top of the tank most of the time, and he still ventures up there now and again. He really likes checking out the sides of my breeder. Is this o.k.? I know they are suppose to be bottom dwellers, but he doesn't dwell on the bottom as much as the other one. I've read that they do better in groups of three or more, but I'm a little over capacity in my ten gallon as is. Neither of them seem shy, and they really don't hang around each other all that much either. Should I get another one?

All the Botia's are curious and will explore their environment. When small in particular, they will be all over the tank. As they get larger, they tend to spend more time on the ground.

>>> I got two yo-yo loaches about four days ago

>>> I'm a little over capacity in my ten gallon as is

>>> Should I get another one?

No.

hi there,
we started off with one yoyo about 5 months ago & he was always swimming up to the top when small & trying to swim into the filter outlet, we found out they like company & got another, sadly we lost him(the newbie) whilst away on holiday - he finally managed to get into the filter outlet & died :( :( . we now have another little yoyo (& we have learnt our horrible lesson & covered up the outlet with mesh) he spends loads of time swimming up to the top but the older yoyo now spends his time on the bottom or swimming in figure of 8's in the airstone bubbles. so i dont think theres anything wrong with your guy. :D
when we first introduced the 2nd yoyo to the first it was v weird they both went completely white everytime they saw eachother & seemed to have a little tussle, this went on for about 3 days till they settled & just before we went away they seemed to be spending more time together. sadly the new one died, but strangely when we introduced yoyo No 3 we saw none of the going pale behaviour our original yoyo seemed to accept the new addition straight away & they spend quite a bit of time nosing around in the gravel together. it must be something to do with the sex of them maybe our first 2 were males & this time we have a girl for our original????who know but they just seem to take a bit of time to get to know eachother :rolleyes: :wub: s

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back