Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Me too. That scetch always makes me laugh!

have you seen the one where peter finds the "surfin' bird" record?? best song ever!!!! :hyper:

family guy

song

Lmao yeah and hes hanging out with #93### and he becomes a celebrity! Too good!

Mibby shouldnt turn the rant thread into a family guy quote section lolz

Chicken fight sequence is excellent!

oh and i love the family guy "teen choice awards" youtube doesnt have any really good ones but look it up! love it! :p

Me, I hate all that Family Guy stuff, I just don't understand it. Same goes for South Park or anything like that.

Aaaaanyways, I've been away for a wee while again and see the forum is changed again. I'm not sure where to look on the page and what I'm looking for. Why change stuff?

Im rant in about xmas trees!!! Why are people putting them up in november???? Isnt it tradition 12 days before and keep up 12 days after??? Some people! Tut....rant over :)

Me, I hate all that Family Guy stuff, I just don't understand it. Same goes for South Park or anything like that.

Aaaaanyways, I've been away for a wee while again and see the forum is changed again. I'm not sure where to look on the page and what I'm looking for. Why change stuff?

Why don't you have a rant about stuff changing?

i only watch family guy and the simpsons, all the other cartoons are dumb and not funny :p

Im rant in about xmas trees!!! Why are people putting them up in november???? Isnt it tradition 12 days before and keep up 12 days after??? Some people! Tut....rant over
smile.png

i know!! i hate when people start getting the christmas stuff right after Thanksgiving (at least in the US :p). it seems like its all about the buying and sales and shopping, rather than family time... but i do like presents... ugh and the christmas songs are on the radio... i cant stand it this early
Dunno.gif

Although I'm not one of those people who start decorating in November, I do get absurdly excited about Christmas as early as September
tongue2.gif

Rant: I get why some people don't like dogs, but when I'm talking about my lovely rescue dog why do they have to butt in and tell me that I should tie two bricks around his neck and throw him in a river? I honestly do understand that dogs/pets in general aren't for every one, but why can't people just show compassion for all living things (even from a distance), or just shut up about them? >.<

Who on earth would tell you that?? All my pets are rescues of one form or another. If anyone told me to do anything to them but spoil and love them, they'd be finding themselves with two bricks up side their head.
angry.png

i agree. i do have a confession: i got my rabbit from a breeder
sad.png
but that was because she was cheaper than the already spayed ones at the shelter and i truly didnt think i was going to spay her ($400)... and she was tri colored...
wub.png
i am adopting next time though!!! my parakeets are adopted and they are better than all of the bird mill bred keets in all of the pet stores in the would combined!!!!!! three cheers for rescuing!!!! woop! woop! woop!
winner.gif

I hate people who see animals as objects and not as a loving member of the family. A lot of people seem to think that animals don't have feelings, or that they aren't smart, and basically think of them as decoration, or a toy to do with what they please. I will admit, I got my husky because she is pretty. Not from a breeder, but a friend was trying to find her a good home. People ooh and ahh at my dog. But I also chose to take her for her personality. I treat her like a member of the family. She is spoiled rotten and wants for nothing. My cat is the same way (I adopted him from the shelter). I think about all the love an devotion that I have shown my pets and how well kept they are. THen I turn on the TV and see this depressing comercial from the ASPCA about all the animals that need homes after being neglected and abused. Some beaten, some starving. For god sakes, if you choose to keep a pet, whether it be a dog, cat, rodent, fish, reptile or whatever weird thing you want to keep in your house, take care of the poor thing. They depend on you!!

And for those curious, this is the comercial that set me off. It made me cry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc

my parakeets are adopted and they are better than all of the bird mill bred keets in all of the pet stores in the would combined!!!!!! three cheers for rescuing!!!! woop! woop! woop!
winner.gif

I have a friend who keeps parrots and when they lay eggs she sometimes incubates them by tucking the eggs into her bra! I told her she might get more money if she then sold the hatchers as Genuine Breast Reared Parrots...

I hate people who see animals as objects and not as a loving member of the family. A lot of people seem to think that animals don't have feelings, or that they aren't smart, and basically think of them as decoration, or a toy to do with what they please. I will admit, I got my husky because she is pretty. Not from a breeder, but a friend was trying to find her a good home. People ooh and ahh at my dog. But I also chose to take her for her personality. I treat her like a member of the family. She is spoiled rotten and wants for nothing. My cat is the same way (I adopted him from the shelter). I think about all the love an devotion that I have shown my pets and how well kept they are. THen I turn on the TV and see this depressing comercial from the ASPCA about all the animals that need homes after being neglected and abused. Some beaten, some starving. For god sakes, if you choose to keep a pet, whether it be a dog, cat, rodent, fish, reptile or whatever weird thing you want to keep in your house, take care of the poor thing. They depend on you!!

And for those curious, this is the comercial that set me off. It made me cry.

i totally agree. some people wont understand, but oddly enough when i am training my parakeet Lenny (the more 'tame' one) i dont see a parakeet, i see a nice kind man who it as cute as a button and still learning. obviously i DO see a parakeet, but at the same time i see in his eyes the kind little man. i am one of those people that can speak the fluent language told by an animals eyes, i can understand that more than human babies thoughts; which also oddly enough, i feel normal when talking to an animal, and really stupid and embarrassed when talking to a toddler
blush.png
its hard to explain but its like i cant read the "language" their eyes speak, only with animals i can tell their every feeling
smile.png
i guess its my super power
innocent.gif
i see all of my animals as their own person
biggrin.png

my parakeets are adopted and they are better than all of the bird mill bred keets in all of the pet stores in the would combined!!!!!! three cheers for rescuing!!!! woop! woop! woop!
winner.gif

I have a friend who keeps parrots and when they lay eggs she sometimes incubates them by tucking the eggs into her bra! I told her she might get more money if she then sold the hatchers as Genuine Breast Reared Parrots...

Hmmm.. that is weird...
tongue2.gif
and funny
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
i totally agree. some people wont understand, but oddly enough when i am training my parakeet Lenny (the more 'tame' one) i dont see a parakeet, i see a nice kind man who it as cute as a button and still learning. obviously i DO see a parakeet, but at the same time i see in his eyes the kind little man. i am one of those people that can speak the fluent language told by an animals eyes, i can understand that more than human babies thoughts; which also oddly enough, i feel normal when talking to an animal, and really stupid and embarrassed when talking to a toddler
blush.png
its hard to explain but its like i cant read the "language" their eyes speak, only with animals i can tell their every feeling
smile.png
i guess its my super power
innocent.gif
i see all of my animals as their own person
biggrin.png

I can see your point of view. I treat my animals as part of the family and talk to them as they are my kids, even scold them like a child when they are naughty lol. And they respond. My dog is actually intellegent enough to be a smartelec, and when i get onto her for being annoying and barking in my face, i will shoe her away. Then she runs up, barks in my face and runs. Like its a game. My cat, he always talks to me and when I talk back he answers.

What people fail to realize when they are abusing and neglecting these animals is that they are not dumb. They know they are being done wrong. You can see it in their eyes. Compare a picture of a well loved happy dog to the eyes of a neglected one. It tells a sad story.

My dog loves to talk as well! Lol. I know what got mean by read their emotions in their eyes. I can tell whether my dogs happy or sad and he's so loving. It is really terrible about those neglected ones. I also cried when I saw that commercial on tv.

If I were allowed, I'd adopt a ton of shelter dogs!!! I'd do cats too, and I think they're adorable, but I'm allergic.

If I were allowed, I'd adopt a ton of shelter dogs!!! I'd do cats too, and I think they're adorable, but I'm allergic.

Me too! but it would probably be a lot of small animals. i would have a lot of birds, i know that!

Rant of the day: I am sick sick sick and tired of my dog blowing her coat. I know it only lasts a couple of weeks, 2-3 times a years, but OMG. I am tired of finding furrballs around the house, 1 hour daily grooming sessions, and brushing small animals off my dog!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back