Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just a quick rant ... I'm paging through a magazine and come across an ad for some drug company ... and it's 4 pages long!! The first page of the ad has some nice photo of a healthy person, then the next 3 pages are devoted to all the warnings for the drug! Shouldn't your doctor be telling you about all these things instead of subjecting the whole world to page after page of the risks of taking the darn drug? Sheesh.
confused.gif

I guess you're in the USA? FDA legislation requires certain types of drug to list almost the entire clinical detail of all side effects and contraindications in advertising. The drug companies don't want to include it in their adverts but are forced to by law.

Ya I'll rant bout some thing

I love how me and my dad are standing in line and this lady comes up cuts in front of us, my dad tells her we are in line she looks at us and totally ignores us and continues to order her food

The trick to dealing with this is to complain loudly enough that the person serving the food notices... then most of the time the food server will ignore the queue jumper and serve you first! And then if they don't, then when you get to the food server ask to see their supervisor and complain that the server is not dealing with customers in order. ;)

Just a quick rant ... I'm paging through a magazine and come across an ad for some drug company ... and it's 4 pages long!! The first page of the ad has some nice photo of a healthy person, then the next 3 pages are devoted to all the warnings for the drug! Shouldn't your doctor be telling you about all these things instead of subjecting the whole world to page after page of the risks of taking the darn drug? Sheesh.
confused.gif

I guess you're in the USA? FDA legislation requires certain types of drug to list almost the entire clinical detail of all side effects and contraindications in advertising. The drug companies don't want to include it in their adverts but are forced to by law.

I understand what they're doing, I just think they've gone over the top with it. I doubt there are many people who read this stuff anyway. When I'm prescribed a drug from my doctor, I ask questions about it, and then when I fill the script at the pharmacy they print out all the contraindications as well. Why waste all that paper in a magazine??

Ya I'll rant bout some thing

I love how me and my dad are standing in line and this lady comes up cuts in front of us, my dad tells her we are in line she looks at us and totally ignores us and continues to order her food

The trick to dealing with this is to complain loudly enough that the person serving the food notices... then most of the time the food server will ignore the queue jumper and serve you first! And then if they don't, then when you get to the food server ask to see their supervisor and complain that the server is not dealing with customers in order. ;)

I agree with complaining loudly ... to the person who cut you off. I think going to the supervisor only gets the poor server in trouble for something he or she isn't responsible for. At the most I'd tell the server "we were in line first" and generally that takes care of it!
yes.gif

My L200 pleco arrived today. I've gotta say it was a cute plec. But god the packaging was awful and the fish arrived dead. The fish was sitting ON the ice pack, which was already hot by the time I received it, and there was only 1 2 piece sheet of those big air bubble thongs and 1 piece of newspaper. It was in 1 kordon breather bag and the water was yellowy/ brown and 85*. Overall it made me pretty mad that I lost $15 on shipping, but I'm expecting to get my $25 for DOA.

Fireman Sam.
Seriously the number of incidents that go on in that town which needs the fire service involved. There is only about 10 people in the town and there all accident prone.
Darwin would say " let them burn".
wacko.gif

I agree with complaining loudly ... to the person who cut you off. I think going to the supervisor only gets the poor server in trouble for something he or she isn't responsible for. At the most I'd tell the server "we were in line first" and generally that takes care of it!
yes.gif

I think you don't follow my reasoning. Complain at the person that cut you off, and the server should pay attention to that and refuse to serve them before you. That's why you complain loudly, so the server can hear and take your side. That is the correct thing for the server to do. No supervisor intervention is needed.
If the server does not side with you, then they aren't doing a proper job and that is when you ask for the supervisor. If the server then gets in trouble, they deserve it for not punishing queue jumpers. QED.

yes.gif

I think you don't follow my reasoning. Complain at the person that cut you off, and the server should pay attention to that and refuse to serve them before you. That's why you complain loudly, so the server can hear and take your side. That is the correct thing for the server to do. No supervisor intervention is needed.
If the server does not side with you, then they aren't doing a proper job and that is when you ask for the supervisor. If the server then gets in trouble, they deserve it for not punishing queue jumpers. QED.

Getting the supervisor involved is a little much but I do complain loudly i just say excuse me I was in line first you can now step to the back of the line instead of cutting all of us waiting here patiently to get our food

Chavs need to be deported to secluded colonies like those with leprosy were...

OMG THIS! My area seems to be... excuse the terminology but my area seems to be 'infested' with the buggers :angry: Revving their crappy little Corsa and flashing me, trying to race me... ARGH! LEAVE ME ALONE! I have a 2.0 Ford Focus ESP and would outrun the little blighter anyway so I'm not sure why they even try.... :sly:

I dont like to toot my own trumpet but I've taken rally driving lessons and I've beaten the instructor's times around the course on various occassions, when they step into their car who do they think they are? Kimmy-bloomin-Raikkonen?

So it was my birthday yesterday and as usual, only a small handful of people actually remembered and no-one could be bothered to come out and celebrate so I just stayed at home. Today, I woke up with a coldsore, just in time to go to the dentist (I'm a dental-phobe). I had a filling put in and 3 hours later, it fell out. Now they can't fit me in until Thursday. Screw everything about being 23. It's been utterly miserable so far. :shout:

I'm absolutely disgusted at the law here today.
http://www.u.tv/news/Bid-to-save-Lennox-from-destruction-fails/10a3b176-8f51-431f-946e-6b272cfdb7ce#.T9cpuJg9gn8.facebook

people who cross the road using a zebra crossing, you stop and let them cross but do they give you a cheery wave......of course not :crazy:

Drivers who dont indicate :crazy:
I use multiple crossings every day and i never wave. I don't feel it necessary. I often take very small, slow strides, just to feel the fury coming out of the car :lol:

people who cross the road using a zebra crossing, you stop and let them cross but do they give you a cheery wave......of course not :crazy:

Drivers who dont indicate :crazy:
I use multiple crossings every day and i never wave. I don't feel it necessary. I often take very small, slow strides, just to feel the fury coming out of the car :lol:

You risk being run over by Seffieuk one day then!
I agree with the hate for drivers who don't indicate. I will add: people who put their fog lights on when it's not foggy. Fortunately (in the UK at least) this seems to be dying out, though about nine years ago EVERYONE was doing it (and the absence of it now shows that those people were just being sheep back then.)

1. I hate small talk. I know what the weather is like, your job is boring so don't even bother telling me and certainly don't ask me what mine is as trust me its not anymore interesting than yours. Why are you even talking when you don't even care less about what i say? Enough with the quack-speak/social ping pong!
Small talk = i say something and then you wait for your turn to say something. Yet you have no more interest in whats being said by the other person, you just pretend to look interested so you can take your turn to say some meaningless boring rubbish etc.
2. I think most people are a bunch of dull morons. What happened to you over the years? Y'all used to be interesting.
3. So what if i dress in my own style. So what if i flash a bit of skin sometimes, or don't always tune into the latest trends. At least i am not a mindless fashion victim like you- at least i have a sense of personal style!
4. Stop with all the baby/child comments on facebook! I am not interested if your kid just used a proper toilet for the first time, bumped his head today or has just gone to sleep. YAWN!
5. Yeah i smoke. But you ain't perfect either! Don't like it then don't breathe.
6. Which political party do i support? None! I don't find them any of them anymore appealing than a pile of pubes.
7. Yeah sorry about just saying something that you took offence to there, get a grip and accept that your path in life is no truer than anyone elses. At least i don't try to appease & please every person i come across regardless of whether i like or respect them or not.
8. Yes, not all my hobbies & interests are cool. But at least my interests are interesting! I mean come on, i love going out as much as the next person but saying your interest/hobby is "going out" is IMO akin to saying my hobby/interest is "eating" or "wearing clothes"!
9. Bragging that you kept a goldfish alive in a bowl for 4years and that thus means you know what you're talking about is IMO like me saying "Oh yeah i had a kid once, they lived to 5- i was pretty chuffed about that!" and then using that as a qualification to hand out p***-poor "advice" on fishkeeping etc.

Should have posted my two rants here when I came home from the park...
Rant #1:
I freaking HATE the bicycle invasion in parks and on the streets that lead to the parks. Not only that the bicycle owners have a huge portion of the sidewalk / park roads for themselves but they have to go over to the walkers' side and then ring their freaking bells, asking you to move. Where the heck do we have to move? On the bikers' lane? It's FULL of bikers so that's not going to work. And if you thought I imagine their wheels burning, you got that right!

Rant #2:
What's with all these cockroaches? There's armies of them marching over the streets every night! 3 inches long roaches! Why isn't anyone taking any action? Also, the darn things won't die if you crush them while they invade your home, you got to keep stomping on them.
I say we pack 'em up and send 'em to Mars!

1. I hate small talk. I know what the weather is like, your job is boring so don't even bother telling me and certainly don't ask me what mine is as trust me its not anymore interesting than yours. Why are you even talking when you don't even care less about what i say? Enough with the quack-speak/social ping pong!
Small talk = i say something and then you wait for your turn to say something. Yet you have no more interest in whats being said by the other person, you just pretend to look interested so you can take your turn to say some meaningless boring rubbish etc.
2. I think most people are a bunch of dull morons. What happened to you over the years? Y'all used to be interesting.
3. So what if i dress in my own style. So what if i flash a bit of skin sometimes, or don't always tune into the latest trends. At least i am not a mindless fashion victim like you- at least i have a sense of personal style!
4. Stop with all the baby/child comments on facebook! I am not interested if your kid just used a proper toilet for the first time, bumped his head today or has just gone to sleep. YAWN!
5. Yeah i smoke. But you ain't perfect either! Don't like it then don't breathe.
6. Which political party do i support? None! I don't find them any of them anymore appealing than a pile of pubes.
7. Yeah sorry about just saying something that you took offence to there, get a grip and accept that your path in life is no truer than anyone elses. At least i don't try to appease & please every person i come across regardless of whether i like or respect them or not.
8. Yes, not all my hobbies & interests are cool. But at least my interests are interesting! I mean come on, i love going out as much as the next person but saying your interest/hobby is "going out" is IMO akin to saying my hobby/interest is "eating" or "wearing clothes"!
9. Bragging that you kept a goldfish alive in a bowl for 4years and that thus means you know what you're talking about is IMO like me saying "Oh yeah i had a kid once, they lived to 5- i was pretty chuffed about that!" and then using that as a qualification to hand out p***-poor "advice" on fishkeeping etc.

:lol: You are pleasant!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back