Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

I don't mind the rain. I really don't.
We need it, as it has been dry.

What is p**sing me off is that the so called experts are claiming that the rain is doing nothing to improve the drought situation.

I live in the country. There were huge puddles in the fields near me by late morning. By the evening the puddles were gone.
The "experts" claim that it is either evaporating or the plants are sucking it up.

Well the max temp over the past month has been 12*c - hardly a scorcher. And the temps have actually been below double figures for about 2/3 of the day anyway.

And linked to this, the plants are not growing much in these cool temps. I have not mowed my grass at all in April - not needed to. And the deciduous trees in the area are still pretty much in bud. Not huge leaves where lots of transpiration is taking place. Or so it is claimed.

So back to the puddles in the fields.
There are still puddles on my drive. So evaporation isn't that feasable? And the trees aren't in full growth.
So that leaves the option of the water sinking into the ground.....and down to the water table.....

I don't mind the rain. I really don't.
We need it, as it has been dry.

What is p**sing me off is that the so called experts are claiming that the rain is doing nothing to improve the drought situation.

I live in the country. There were huge puddles in the fields near me by late morning. By the evening the puddles were gone.
The "experts" claim that it is either evaporating or the plants are sucking it up.

Well the max temp over the past month has been 12*c - hardly a scorcher. And the temps have actually been below double figures for about 2/3 of the day anyway.

And linked to this, the plants are not growing much in these cool temps. I have not mowed my grass at all in April - not needed to. And the deciduous trees in the area are still pretty much in bud. Not huge leaves where lots of transpiration is taking place. Or so it is claimed.

So back to the puddles in the fields.
There are still puddles on my drive. So evaporation isn't that feasable? And the trees aren't in full growth.
So that leaves the option of the water sinking into the ground.....and down to the water table.....
Indeed. The only thing about this rain that annoys me is the garage flooding. My garden, on the other hand, is going mental.

Ok. I have one today. My mother in law {yes. I know. Cliche} is here. She only comes once every 4 months. My 7 month old baby was terrified of her on arrival as he is shy around strangers. She decided that wouldn't do, and scooped him up babbling in his terrified, sobbing face. He cried so hard he threw up as I wrestled for him and she bobbed him around. He has not stopped gripping my shirt in a death grip. Why couldn't she have come in calm, given him some space, and let him get used to the idea. My mother comes and gives my kids 2 days to settle in before attempting good cuddles. Ugh. To make it worse, She let go of my 2 year olds hand in a store parking lot and took off for a sale today. {She's a shop-a-holic} He was basically left in a street!!!!!! :angry: :angry:

Sorry for the cliche. I liked her a lot before I had children. Now all the weird stuff isn't cute anymore.

Oh and my angelfish died today from the combination of medications and their stupid parasites. !!!

FF04 - I relate so much to this lol. I love my husband's family dearly but they are ALL comepletely bonkers!

lol thats the thing. They are perfectly nice people and I love them, but we grew up on opposite parts of the country and are veryyyyyyyyyyy different. lol I felt better after my rant :rolleyes:

Fuuu! We were going to buy a certain 10,5 footer (yes, that big) aquarium but it was already sold. ;___; Now we are looking for something similar, from 8 to 10 feet.

Why won't this icecream soften up!? I WANT TO EAT YOU!!!!

shout.gif

This girl that I know and some what friends with had the nerve to ask if she could use MY camera!

A. I don't let ANY ONE use my camera if you want pictures done I'll do it for you..if you haven't insulted me and my picture like she has before
B. dont tell me you want pictures done after you have cancelled 2 different appointments with me

I mean really you think im gonna loan my 500 dollar camera out for ppl to use uh no get real..if I sound rude tell me but that just got my blood boiling

It ticks me off that I live in a country where nature is illegal..

my gubberment has decided back in the 1930's to make certain plants that grow all over the world without any help from "man" illegal..

It fooking pisses me off that my imperial federal gubberment think it has the authority to tell me what I can eat, drink and smoke.. futch that..

my gubberment has decided back in the 1930's to make certain plants that grow all over the world without any help from "man" illegal..

It fooking pisses me off that my imperial federal gubberment think it has the authority to tell me what I can eat, drink and smoke.. futch that..

What country do you live? North Korea?!

Technically if he was in north Korea, he wouldn't be here. This site would be blocked to them :p

What country do you live? North Korea?!

Today I'm mad because of diatoms. But hey, I got my bacterial bloom to clear so I can do diatoms! Holding off on buying ferts till they clear.

Most reactions

Back