Anyone W/plott Hound Insights Or Tips? Bought One Feb 8

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

100_6377.jpg

He's 32 lbs and has a clean bill of health for his last of puppy shots. He's about 20" tall (ground to front shoulder) and about 21ish" from his chest to bottom.

100_6507.jpg

100_6506.jpg

100_6515.jpg

He's catching up with foxy fast. He's 5 months old now.

lol a thin waist. the vet said it's nice to see a dog that has a waist. My sister thought he was too skinny lol. He eats 3 cups of food a day.Anyways', some body shots so you can see his shape.

100_6518.jpg

100_6527.jpg

100_6525.jpg

100_6523.jpg

And then a shot of Foxy

100_6528.jpg

lol a thin waist. the vet said it's nice to see a dog that has a waist. My sister thought he was too skinny lol. He eats 3 cups of food a day.Anyways', some body shots so you can see his shape.

No, not too skinny at all. He looks great and so does Foxy. Good for you that you keep your pets fit and trim. People used to complain that my pets are too skinny too. Nope, fatness is an exclusive right of their owner! :lol: I've just read the thread. Lovely dog, can't wait to see him full grown.

I can't wait until he gets bigger too. He's weighing in at 35 lbs today at around 6 months old. Gaining everyday it seems. He will be a BIG dog, I think :fun:

I'll keep updating every now and then w/pictures. He sure has a fox-houndish body in the side shots I posted earlier. I can't wait to send in his DNA analysis to find out what breeds he is. Will do that when he's almost full grown. If I send in a picture they'll put it on his certificate and I don't want a puppy picture on there. I'd rather have an adult picture.

Just weighed him last night and he was 37 lbs.

He goes in on June 29th to be neutered. Poor pup :crazy: Has to be done though :rolleyes:

Anyone have any guesses on how big he'll end up in pounds??? No Prize but if you win you'll be the WINNER!!! and that's as good as a prize right :D

Put your guess on here and no editing on the guessing post or it doesn't count. Good luck.

I'll start first:

55 pounds.

Well Beau started puppy classes a week ago today. This was the 2nd Monday out of 8 Mondays. He did TONS better today. Barked his head off the first day :crazy: I was slightly embarassed. (Ok REALLY embarrassed) Have a pinch/choke collar on him and the guy was telling me and showing me how to use it. It's amazing. There would be NO WAY I could get him to listen w/out it. He went absolutly APE around the other dogs. He also nips :( Naughty puppy.

Things we've worked on:
*heal
*sit
*stay
*leaving his side to step in front of him while having him sit and stay still
*walking around him while he's sitting
*down (laying down on the ground/floor)

It's a lot of work. He's a high energy dog and if the other dogs aren't walking fast enough he gets bored and starts looking around and gets tempted to bark. This time I only corrected him for barking about 3ish times. A lot better.

There are 2 Great Danes, Boxer, German Shepard, 2 Shelties, Jack Russel, Yorkie, Golden Retrievers, Cavalier King Charles...lots of variety.

My 7 yr son comes to watch. He's bringing my camera next week to take some photos. I may post some if they are decent enough :)

He's 9 months old now and 44 lbs now.

He finished his obedience tonight. Did VERY well. I was pleased. Still needed some reminders, but it's only been 6 weeks and I haven't worked w/him a whole lot. Just a lil every now and then. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back