Anyone play airsoft here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Awesome! We're gonna need a full review once you get it.

Heads up if it was sent USPS, it might take a while. It took over two weeks and filing a claim to get a package from just across the border in Pennsylvania sent Priority. Over two weeks and a claim to get to Maryland sent Priority. Three weeks and two claims from Illinois. UPS and FedEx have been reliable recently.
He did mention USPS - Select Parcel or something like that. He said it should take a couple of days, so now I’m really excited. (But as you said, anything can happen... ;))

If you didn’t know, I’m light eye dominant, which means I also pull the bolt back with my left hand. The rifle the guy is sending me has the normal right hand bolt. Novritsch does make a left hand conversion kit: https://us.novritsch.com/product/ssg10-left-hand-conversion-kit/

But the bolt looks terribly uncomfortable, wouldn’t you agree? (And also the safety is still on the right side - now how come someone on their “expert design team” couldn’t have come up with something to fix that? Anyway, beggars can’t be choosers...)

The bolt looks neat, very modern, but definitely uncomfortable. I'm anxious to see some targets. I am curious how accurate they are.

What is your opinion on Revelations and Fertile Crescent at Ballahack? Tasha and I want to go once all this covid crap dies down. We've already made allies with The Holy Hydrophilic Empire of Ballahackistan.

Last edited:
The bolt looks neat, very modern, but definitely uncomfortable. I'm anxious to see some targets. I am curious how accurate they are.

What is your opinion on Revelations and Fertile Crescent at Ballahack? Tasha and I want to go once all this covid crap dies down. We've already made allies with The Holy Hydrophilic Empire of Ballahackistan.
It does look kinda cool, but I like the enlarged bolt handle. I may do some modifications later.

Honestly no clue about that second part... :dunno:

It does look kinda cool, but I like the enlarged bolt handle. I may do some modifications later.

Honestly no clue about that second part... :dunno:

Swampsniper on YouTube. It's airsoft LARPing! The guy we sent stuff to in the video I posted attends as a role player called The Candyman. If you like LARPing, you might like Rev and FC.

Swampsniper on YouTube. It's airsoft LARPing! The guy we sent stuff to in the video I posted attends as a role player called The Candyman. If you like LARPing, you might like Rev and FC.
I’ll check him out.

Im currently watching Cleanshot right now. (The SSG10 review)

I’ll check him out.

Im currently watching Cleanshot right now. (The SSG10 review)

This is the first episode of his Rev series taken from Rev 9 at his field, Ballahack. Post apocalyptic LARPing. Rev X was our favorite season, though. He gained an unlikely ally at Rev X who became the MVP of the series.

Rifle is scheduled to come in on the 5th, which is tomorrow! I know I’m going to get a pink slip (a piece of paper that they leave when you mailbox is to small for the package), so I hope the slip is left on the 5th, and then I can go get it on the 6th (Saturday) before noon. They close at noon, and I don’t want to have to wait over the weekend.

Anyway, really excited!!

Pictures coming today, sorry for the delay...

I got to play with it yesterday, and this thing is a BEAST. We only had 4 people in total playing, but it was still super fun.

Ok, finally, pictures! (Excuse the horrible quality. I’ll try to get some professional photos today, outside)

Custom Novritsch SSG10:
9984710C-22E8-45D9-9B89-A1B70DC0DA03.jpeg

FA9DB0A8-8023-4E07-BAB0-C54A8F020C66.jpeg

E78B938F-5F8F-42D8-B591-BD211EAF6CC1.jpeg

Came with the original case, barrel and 4 mags:
CC8C9A3A-1D3F-43E6-8C50-2A5397D691B2.jpeg

98168DAD-0D08-42F2-8C01-C49536729241.jpeg

Scope was also very nice. It didn’t have crazy magnification, so you don’t try to take shots longer than you think you can. It doesn’t have an adjustable zoom but it does have illuminated crosshairs: (green, blue, red, and black)
2543AB78-610A-4308-BB44-221B9986E145.jpeg

Like I said, horrible pictures. I’ll get better ones today.

I played one round with a few friends yesterday. One of them had a Lancer Tactical 50 cal. replica, and the other two had springer pistols. (Not entirely fair, but oh well, lol)

It was awesome man, wish you could have been there. The trigger was nice and crisp. The bolt was terrible for me, because I am left eye dominant, trying to rack the bolt with my right hand. The left hand conversion kit is top on my list. Following that, is a Meshmask and bbs. (And the goggles if I can afford them)

My neighbors are having an airsoft war soon. (Probably in the next 2 weeks or so) It’s very cold and wet here, so they are waiting for things to dry out.

I can’t wear my normal camo, because it’s made for heavy vegetation. The condition of the woods now, is all sticks - no green. That means I’m left with only a jacket that matches. I’ll have to work out my camo apparel latter.

@Flushable Pets

Attachments

• BEB13338-3FA8-4BD0-8AB0-BDE8494F32D7.jpeg
    BEB13338-3FA8-4BD0-8AB0-BDE8494F32D7.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 88
Ok so.... I’ve been busy. *lol*

I found camo that will work, although I’m not to happy about the pants... you see they are BDU’s. BDU’s are absolutely killer (literally) in the spring time, when everything’s green and there’s a ton of vegetation. During this dull cold winter, there are just leaves and twigs, which makes them stand out like crazy.

Here is what I have so far, from the head down:
  • Marine Corp. Woodland Camo (pixelated) Boonie
  • Either 1) German woodland camo (I’m no Nazi, it blends in killer good. At least they got one thing right) or 2) Magellan Woodland camo. (Both work very well, but the Magellan is to light and the German is to dark. :rolleyes: I think I’m going to go with the German, because it’s made for combat, and is a lot thicker than the Magellan)
  • Black Gloves (not to happy about these either, but they will do)
  • BDU Pants
  • Green Tactical Belt
  • Green Wool Socks
  • Dessert Tan Army Boots (don’t look at me weird please - these things been in so well, that my mother and brother literally could not see them, even though another pair of boots were right next to them!!)
Now, as far as gear goes, I have this:
  • Custom Novritsch SSG10
  • BB’s. (I have contacted Novritsch about this; to find out how heavy of bbs I should be using with my configuration. It’s going to be anywhere from .36g - .45g. I’m still awaiting a response)
  • Magazine holder. (Could be my pockets, I don’t know yet. I have a few candidate’s, but all of them have Velcro, which is noisy. :crazy: Of course Novritsch does make noise-less mag holders, but they cost about $10, which is not in my budget)
  • Various tools to help me adjust my rifle
  • Novritsch Mesh Mask (Green - I’m going to paint the mesh part brown and green, to help blend in more. Again, this time of year is hard to play in)
  • Sunglasses and clear safety glasses (I know I said I wanted to have the Novritsch goggles, but they are $30 and again, out of my budget)
  • Knife
That’s about all. A sniper really doesn’t have that much gear. If I had a gas side arm, then maybe, but here again out of my budget.

On my “to get” list is the following:

-Meshmask
-Left Hand Conversion Kit
-BB’s

Here is my pile o’ camo:
image.jpg

(German jacket on the left, Magellan on the left.)

Forgot to mentioned: the rifle blends in AMAZINGLY. I set it out in the woods, and I literally could not see where it was. I then got my brother to go out and get into a prime position and hold it, and I would have been dead if he had been a real sniper.

———

My neighbor is having a war soon, so I’m super excited for that.

I don’t know if anyone on a fish forum cares, but I will keep updating.

@Flushable Pets, you ok man? You haven’t been answering this thread or texts....

*Edit* After looking at the photo and thinking more, the German camo is my prime choice, and what I’m going to be using.

Ok, here is my final decision on my apparel:

It matches pretty well. I’m going to be in the prone position (laying on my stomach) most of the time anyway, and I’ll probably cover myself with leaves to help.

I still need to figure out how to put plants/leaves in my Bonnie, to make it have more camouflage. (The rifle is SICK still can’t get over it. :drool: )

Attachments

• 2705713E-F4BC-4631-A16A-6FC4A5897E47.jpeg
    2705713E-F4BC-4631-A16A-6FC4A5897E47.jpeg
    372.3 KB · Views: 89
Sound like a great setup. Good training for the Marines. ;) Take a pic of yourself all dressed up in your camo gear holding the rifle. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I still need to figure out how to put plants/leaves in my Bonnie, to make it have more camouflage.
Glue some netting to the hat. Old onion bags or something similar can be super glued to the material and twigs and leaves can go in that. Try to find brown or black onion bags or use clothes dye to darken it.

You could make up a yowie suit.

Remember, if your laying on the ground, put some camo over the rifle. Get a tea towel and glue leaves and twigs to it. Put the tea towel over the rifle, (like a yowie suit for your gun).

Glue some netting to the hat. Old onion bags or something similar can be super glued to the material and twigs and leaves can go in that. Try to find brown or black onion bags or use clothes dye to darken it.

You could make up a yowie suit.

Remember, if your laying on the ground, put some camo over the rifle. Get a tea towel and glue leaves and twigs to it. Put the tea towel over the rifle, (like a yowie suit for your gun).
Is a yowie like a ghillie suit? I considered making one, but they take a lot of work.

Also, for an active sniper such as myself, a big heavy ghillie suit isn’t ideal.

Novritsch makes a ghillie suit, but it only goes over the shoulders and back, which is ideal. Novritsch have been airsoft sniping for over 10 years, so his gear is pretty figured out: https://us.novritsch.com/product/3d-ghillie-suit-gen2/

Yes, I definitely considered adding something to my rifle to help camouflage it even more. Something like this: https://us.novritsch.com/products/tactical-gear/camouflage/ (on the rifle)

I’ll see what I have and update if I find anything. :good:

Here is my shopping list:

2x: https://us.novritsch.com/product/0-46g-x-555pcs-sniper-bio-bbs/

With the Meshmask, I plan to sort of tiger stripe it with different colors, because an all-green mask in the middle of winter will stand out.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back