Anyone play airsoft here?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

So yesterday, I got a scope rail/scope rings for my .22 LR rifle. I mounted the Simmons scope I mentioned earlier, and it zeroed in beautifully.

Now I’m just going to say, it was COLD yesterday; 15F. It took me forever, because my hands were soooo cold. My little flat head screw driver that I used to adjust the scope froze to the concrete a couple of times.

That got me thinking, that maybe it would be a good idea to pucker up and get a Novritsch scope. They are extremely good quality, and they have “tactical” turrets, that allow you to adjust without having to take the cap off, use your screw driver, etc.

I’m just saying maybe. It is $69.99+ tax, but it would be worth it, because I could use it for other firearms as well.

I’ll upload a picture of my .22 later. ;) (it’s a Savage Mark II)

After getting in from shooting my .22 LR beautifully, the first thing my dad said is, “Nice scope huh? Accurate?”, and then like an after thought, he said, “Oh, and good accuracy to.”. Come on... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really like the Simmons Pro 50. Super clear, well made. Not sure if I’m going to get the Novritsch Scope Set or not.

———

As of right now, here is my list:

-Novritsch SSG10
-SSG10 Left Hand Conversion Kit
-Meshmask
-Low Profile Anti-Fog Goggles

And maybe:
-Novritsch Scope Set

Links: (in order)

That brings my total out to $375, or $445 if I get the scope. I may not, because $70 is a lot to spend on a scope.

After getting in from shooting my .22 LR beautifully, the first thing my dad said is, “Nice scope huh? Accurate?”, and then like an after thought, he said, “Oh, and good accuracy to.”. Come on... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I really like the Simmons Pro 50. Super clear, well made. Not sure if I’m going to get the Novritsch Scope Set or not.

———

As of right now, here is my list:

-Novritsch SSG10
-SSG10 Left Hand Conversion Kit
-Meshmask
-Low Profile Anti-Fog Goggles

And maybe:
-Novritsch Scope Set

Links: (in order)

That brings my total out to $375, or $445 if I get the scope. I may not, because $70 is a lot to spend on a scope.

$70 is very cheap for a scope, actually. Don't ask what some of my optics cost. Just google Swarovski. ;)

Heads up about choosing a scope for a spring powered air rifle. The recoil is different than a firearm. Kind of a reverse recoil. Make sure whatever scope you get is meant for this. I learned this one the hard way when I was a kid.

Last edited:
$70 is very cheap for a scope, actually. Don't ask what some of my optics cost. Just google Swarovski. ;)

Heads up about choosing a scope for a spring powered air rifle. The recoil is different than a firearm. Kind of a reverse recoil. Make sure whatever scope you get is meant for this. I learned this one the hard way when I was a kid.
So it will actually damage an regular scope? I may want to go with the Novritsch Scope Set then... :dunno:

So it will actually damage an regular scope? I may want to go with the Novritsch Scope Set then... :dunno:

It can. I'm not saying it for 100% will, but it happens and I've ruined a couple regular scopes on spring powered pellet guns before I learned what was causing the problem. The mechanics between the airsoft and pellet rifle are the same. I'd personally get one specifically designed for the job.

My late father and I have also busted the guts out of a few Tasco and Simmons scopes on our real steel rifles. That's why I always buy higher end optics for our rifles.

It can. I'm not saying it for 100% will, but it happens and I've ruined a couple regular scopes on spring powered pellet guns before I learned what was causing the problem. The mechanics between the airsoft and pellet rifle are the same. I'd personally get one specifically designed for the job.

My late father and I have also busted the guts out of a few Tasco and Simmons scopes on our real steel rifles. That's why I always buy higher end optics for our rifles.
I see. I can’t imagine shooting a cheap $30 scope on a high caliber rifle.

I definitely don’t want to ruin my Simmons on the SSG10, because I like it on my .22.

Novritsch has all of his gear figured out, so I assume the scope will be perfect.

I also like the crosshairs on it.

I see. I can’t imagine shooting a cheap $30 scope on a high caliber rifle.

I definitely don’t want to ruin my Simmons on the SSG10, because I like it on my .22.

Novritsch has all of his gear figured out, so I assume the scope will be perfect.

I also like the crosshairs on it.

Yup, just do it right the first time.

I’ll ask him if I can get all of that after the new year, just so I don’t get the whole, “Christmas just came, and you’re buying more stuff?” thing.

Then you're going to need a KMCS leaf suit. These things unreal! Next level stuff.

56435176_2257634414355480_4111993344068943872_o.jpg
54730342_2237957322989856_2600174330574798848_o.jpg
53865651_2220152784770310_3588746798476296192_o.jpg
20201229_012703.jpg
20201229_012642.jpg

I may be getting a ghillie soon, not sure though. This army store is going out of business and they have one for sale.

My Lancer Tactical LT-01C FINALLY arrived. Overall it seems fairly sturdy, but my front and rear sights (front especially) is not secure and wobbles all over. That isn't good at all. I'm heading to bed now, but I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and try and figure out why it's loose. I'm hoping it is just a loose screw or something simple, but I feel it might be a bigger issue. Otherwise, I need @PheonixKingZ to hot foot 'er on up to Ohio so I can test this out on a moving target. I have roughly 6,000 BBs left and every last one is screaming your name.

20201229_122718.jpg

My Lancer Tactical LT-01C FINALLY arrived. Overall it seems fairly sturdy, but my front and rear sights (front especially) is not secure and wobbles all over. That isn't good at all. I'm heading to bed now, but I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and try and figure out why it's loose. I'm hoping it is just a loose screw or something simple, but I feel it might be a bigger issue. Otherwise, I need @PheonixKingZ to hot foot 'er on up to Ohio so I can test this out on a moving target. I have roughly 6,000 BBs left and every last one is screaming your name.

View attachment 125546
Awesome man!

I’m personally not to fond of the sights on AEG’s like that, they tend to be cheap. Do you plan on getting a red dot scope for that?

Believe me man, I would love to hop over to Ohio and play airsoft with you. I haven’t had a good game of airsoft since COVID hit. :/

Still wanting the whole SSG10 setup, but I’m saving up a lot more money before buying it.

(By the way, none of the ghillie suits fit at the surplus store - bummer, they were only $30. :()

Never played airsoft. I use to play paintball back in the day though. My buddy had a real expensive gun, it was an automatic that shot 5 shots per burst. Them suckers hurt when you get hit with 30 shots

Unfortunately, the carry handle is not removable, so I can't install a red dot, otherwise I would. I'm stuck with the factory sights. The rear sight is a peep sight with a very, very small hole that my eyes cannot properly see through. I'll have to monkey with it if I'm ever going to use it for longer range.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back