FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Which one is better

• community

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new tank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cories are funny little fish to watch, I would go with them personally. but Jess, I have the same tank as yours and I have it divided into 3 for 3 male bettas, there is enough room, and with lots of fake plants and decorations my bettas love it! I'll take a pic later if I can be bothered and post it to show you.

I've done the sand now i washed thoroughly by aarons method about 15 times to get it spotless. Oh yes tibby thats great is it big enough for 3!! bettas?? If so i might divide into 2 a betta on each side and 5 pgymy cories on one side and 5 otos on the other. I know it will be overstocked but someone who used ot come on here has said to go for it and she's really nice but she doesn't come on as everyone was being nasty to her tank! =(

If people were being "nasty" about her tank there was more than likely a problem with it. If a tank is badly overstocked or not set up correctly then someone will say something. Also, the cories need to be in a bigger group than 5. If you divide the tank into two halves you won't have space in either section for 8-10 of them. If you leave the tank as it is and have just the one betta, then 8-10 for the bottom will be perfect. Also, if you have otos, be aware that you do need to supplement them with algae tabs. In a new tank like yours, you won't have any algae for them to eat.

actually a change of plan, i would not recomment ottos as i feel they need plenty of space to roam and lots of things to rasp algae off. as it is a new tank, dont put them in as they will proably die as they will have nothing to eat. i would not split the tank, listen to honeythorn, there is some good advice there. if its the lady i think it is who everyone had a go at, then do NOT listen to her as she was an awful fish keeper, people only have a go if there is something majorly wrong or they do not treat the fish well, after all if you dont know how to treat fish well, do some research and if you just cant be bothered or dont care if they die, then dont pursue the hobby. honeythorns advice is good m8, listen to it.

Sorry to stray off topic for a sec but Nick...what type of Catfish is that in your avatar? It's beautiful.

red tailed catfish. it will get to over a meter so not really suitable to keep cin home aquaria. you can buy small ones like 4 inches but they grow pretty quick. if you have a big tank, like 6ft you can keep them for a bit but you will need to have a new home lined up for when it gets too big. its my favourite catfish, seen them in my lfs they are soo cool. also seen a big one in a public aquarium.

OH! I thought it was something else. Looks different from that angle . A big garden centre/petstore combo place has one of those ( fully grown ) in a tank that is FAR too small :no: I could fit both my hands side by side in his mouth easily. My LFS has one that's a couple of feet long. He only came in the other day. I feel sorry for him :(

yeah, they are under the same bracket as common plecs. people buy them and dont know what to do when the get big. what a fish tho. i think it eats meat as its that size. how are you today honeythorn?

Hey Jess have you ever thought about female bettas? You could have a lovely group of those, and then also the corys and have a full looking but not overstocked tank. Just an alternative to the one male.
Bec xx

on your profile bec, your 70l is over stocked. there is more fish on it there than on your sig

It could simply be old information that has yet to be altered you know. And I'm fine thankyou.

Becci - I think that's also a good idea. Females can be just as pretty as males and the tank is a reasonable size for a group. But I would then leave out the cories if it were me, and just stick with the females and lots of plants.

I'd prefer a male, what are some fish like neons and harlequins that would get on with a betta and some otos or coriesP.S udpating soon done it all up looks ####### amazing in my opinion bettea than last attempt on community tank

I have that tank and it's not 10 gallons it's 6 gallons, so you may be overstocking it.

are you only filling it half way lol.

if you did want to divide it then get some plastic and drill some holes in so the water can pass through.
Get one that say's it is for tropical plant growth on the box.

just get a light that shows ff the plants & fishes colours off best, if you go for plant growth tubes you are getting ripped off.

i had a stingray and i didnt like i, for one it is HUGE!

Tetra Aqua art do two versions the 30L and 60L, so no one here is wrong just mistaken. I dont keep a quarantine tank, and have never had any deaths from not using one :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back