FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Which one is better

• community

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new tank

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah i'd probably just buy a divider but anyway i want a betta, 5 harlequins, 5 pgymy cories, i know they might not get on but i have my community tank to put them in if all goes wrong. Is that overstocked? I've already got a light. Also whats stingray a type of light or something?

You need more cories than that, they prefer bigger groups. Get 8-10 of the pygmies and leave out the rasboros. Putting the rasboros in with the betta and hoping they get on is really not kind to either fish. If the betta chases and nips the rasboros you will have to treat the subsequent injuries, and vice versa. All of which is stressful, time consuming and completely unessescary if you don't bother mixing the species to begin with and wait for disaster to strike. If you put all 3 groups of fish in a ten gal I reckon you really would be a bit overstocked anyway.

So 5 otos, 8 pygmy cories and a betta sound okay? But that way the bottom would be crowded with just a betta for the top and middle levels. Today i've got a thermoter and my decorations and sand. All i need now is heater and filter but the filters been ordered.
filter
heater
Thats them. Will post a pic soon we are taking my TV down to make space for the tnak lol!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
do some research on both the ottos and corries and decide what you want and then run it by us. that way you can be sure there will be no problems and you can get the fish you want (within reason)

they are pretty similar in colour, not sure which is more active though.

so you definatley want a betta,

are you bothered about any other mid/ top dwelling fish or just bottom feeders?

Okay answer that in a sec but do i have to soak the sand or could i - put it in with all my plants and stuff fill up with noirmal water and then just leave it and when it comes to adding filter heater fish i'll empty the water and refill it

you have to wash it, not soak, it is very dirty and can take about 3 or 4 washes a bucket (obviously dpends on size of bucket).

swish it around until the water is dirty, then pour away and repeat agin, do this until the water you are throwing away, is clean, otherwise your tank will be cloudy.

The easiest way that I have found to clean sand or gravel is to fill a bucket about half full or less with the sand. Then use a garden hose to run water through the sand and stir it good with my hand. The water will be filthy for at least 5 minutes while the water runs through and the dirt is running out. When you can put the hose to the bottom of the bucket and fill the bucket without seeing any dirt at all,it will only cloud your tank water a little when you put it in your tank. You can do the 1/3 to 1/2 bucket of sand in 10 minutes or less but it is best to do it outdoors where a little splashing won't hurt anything. I would expect a bucket of washed sand to be enough depending how deep you like the substrate in your 10 gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back