Another Strange Creature Sharing My House!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
He/she was sitting on my Ice making machine and when I moved the camera too close for comfort..... He/she jumped onto the cam.... I almost threw it at that point.....

100_2181.jpg

Anyone knows what this is?????

Certianly a freaky looking spider. Looks like a cheer leader with it's bright yellow pompoms. For identifying I would check out photos of jumping spiders there are hundreds of them and most have some amazing colours.

Looks like a cheer leader with it's bright yellow pompoms.

Strange you should say that Baccus...... it was my wife's first reaction also...... So maybe I should Google Cheerleading spider.....

It would be a newspaper target if i found it :sick:

Looks like a cheer leader with it's bright yellow pompoms.

Strange you should say that Baccus...... it was my wife's first reaction also...... So maybe I should Google Cheerleading spider.....

:lol: Great minds :lol: , any luck identifying it yet? I'd try the site What Bug is That?.

Seeing "New" things every day...... This one was spotted on the wall at the front door last night..... also no clue what it is, but it is beautiful.

100_2190.jpg

It looks like the sort of beetle that jewellers would copy to make fancy broaches, fascinating wings.

i can tell you that this particular spider, belongs to the portia family of arachnids, real name portia labiata "the african jumper" and its VENOMOUSE!
it carries a very nasty bite, which is followed by a lethal toxin which affects the nervous system and also thins the blood out almost completly and would probably kill a person biten if not treated with half an hour.
its main defences are to jump at approaching threats to scare them off...its bite is its next back up.
this particular spider is a night hunter eating small to large-ish insects.
the moth in your picture would make a tasty treat to this spider.
always approach this spider with caution!
they spoke extremely easily and thats when they kick themselves up at you.
its come into your home looking for moths no doubt.

Ooh I'd wanna get rid of that. On second hand spiders scare me so I'd get rid of any spider. Even the little daddy longlegs scare me. Uhhh spiders. Pretty moth thing though. Glad that thing didn't bite you ;)

it always helps to study arachnids i think personally :)
that moth sure is pretty, and its harmless too. :D
unlike mr. spider

Yea..... I can wellimagine that this is the spider you're describing..... It actually jumped onto the camera and back onto the Ice machine almost in one movement.....

Here are two more "things" I spotted running (jumping) out of my fishroom yesterday.....

This Cockroach is too big to fit into the standard matchbox:
100_2971.jpg

These frog are becoming a nuiscance...... They attract snakes to my ponds....
100_2958.jpg

Found this guy lastnight hanging around the back patio.

P1040302.jpg

P1040300.jpg

That's pretty baccus. For you guys it's "winter" correct? But it feels like our summer?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back