Another Strange Creature Sharing My House!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
As much as those monkeys are a nuisance in the yard...... I welcome this little squirrel, (who pops in every other day for a scratch and a snack), but my cats keep going for him when they see him..... (fortunately, he's much too quick for them)..... We have a few Squirrels around the area, but this one must've been kept and reared by the previous resident as he has absolutely no fear of humans.....

20120331_9.jpg

20120331_8.jpg

20120331_10.jpg

I think squirrels are great. We used to have a family of them just like those photos, but our neighbor delights in killing anything that moves, and I haven't seen any since earlier this spring. I had a big grey squirrel as a pet while I was growing up. They're wonderful little creatures!

I love squirrels I had a pet flying squirrel when I was a kid, he was so cool.

I have been tempted in the past to have a pet squirral or two, but they just dont belong in Australia and the risk of them escaping and forming wild colonies is too great. Instead I'll make do with visiting possoms.

IMAG0053.jpg

This is a brush tail possom just weaned that is still sharing the work shed that its mum lives in.

IMAG0051.jpg

And Mum.

I would dearly love to keep some feather tail gliders they are gorgous and tiny but the QLD government is pretty bakward about allowing native mammals to be kept as pets. I would also love to have some sugar gliders, they are sweet little possoms as well.

He/she was sitting on my Ice making machine and when I moved the camera too close for comfort..... He/she jumped onto the cam.... I almost threw it at that point.....

100_2181.jpg

Anyone knows what this is?????

I would sugest this was some form of what are called False Scorpions. If it is it should be harmless as their defence it to look like a Scorpion! But as has been pointed out it's not a Spider as it doesn't have enough legs. Very interesting thing anyway!

And so are all the other Animals here too! : ) You must have a very interesting day, Ludwig Venter, what with finding all these weird and wonderful creatures all the time ; )

I keep seeing all the gorgeous reptiles and amphibs and furries and thinking "god i really need to move to a decent country that isnt this one!" and then you have to post pictures of creepy crawlies *shudder* and i change my mind!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back