Angel Fish.....

Sye

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I was just wondering in anyone feeds their angels live food as I have a 20g with livebearers in which is starting to get a little over full with fry....they would make good food!

The angels are around 5/6 months old....

I do on occassion.....or I should say, I let Hubby do it. He likes the massacre :rolleyes: They seem to like chasing them around, but my Congo Tetras normally get to them first.

I fed my angels live brine and bloodworms before, but not much anymore. Just as a treat.

Worms etc...

Feeding fishes by giving them other fishes (vertebrate) is also forbidden here in Fin. And it's good.. First you should check your law (animal laws) and then think about ethical side. Of course they eat small fishes in nature, but is it ok to buy or breed fishes for food?

honestly, most of the content of ur dried pellet or flakes also contain what was once fish or something. but yeah, see no evil :)

Do people eat fish in Finland?

Of cuorse I eat. It's still not the same thing than buy fishes for food. Those fishes which I eat are dead, not living.

ur can't feed fish to other fish in finland!!! that a dumb law!!!

Natural thing to breed fishes for living food? And the whole law applies to all vertebrates - so including fishes too. There is own section in animal law, that is for fishes (aquarium etc..). You probably can also feed mice for snake etc in your country, we can't - only then if e.g. snake won't eat anything and it could die, then it's permitted to feed animal by giving them living vertebrates that they start to eat.

And yes, in Finland health and well-being of animals is highly respected. So, you don't find fishbowls etc from our lfs and smallest tank is at least 40 liters (~10 gallons).

Those fishes which I eat are dead, not living
But they were alive once, and maybe even bred for eating :dunno:

I feed my angels live worms all the time.
When they were sick (fin and tail rot) its all they would eat and kept them alive!
When my platy had fry in the community tank all the fry were eaten.
So yeah feed them the fry, you'll probabley have more in a few months anyways :D
The feeder fish at my lfs are always small platies and guppys.

Whoa I know how to get around this Fin Law. Take the fish out of the tank....Knock the fish silly until he dies and then feed him.
Sorry I know that is kind of a silly parody but IF you eat any animal someone had to kill it.
Of cuorse I eat. It's still not the same thing than buy fishes for food. Those fishes which I eat are dead, not living.
I mean what is the big deal if the fish is dead when you eat it or it is living? Either way this fish died so you could eat it. I just see this kind of stuff as city people making laws who do not realize how the real world is. Fish die everyday in the ocean, river, and aquariums to feed other fish. It would not surprise me if someday we didn't have a similar law in the USA.
Natural thing to breed fishes for living food?
Yes it is very natural...it is called a lake, an ocean, or a pond (manmade or natural).
You probably can also feed mice for snake etc in your country, we can't - only then if e.g. snake won't eat anything and it could die, then it's permitted to feed animal by giving them living vertebrates that they start to eat.
So this is why (to me) these kinds of laws are stupid. If they really want to follow them then they will end up killing creatures so they have to make exceptions like this for snakes. I find this very similar to here in America where we have the death penalty (go go go Death Penalty). But they try and make it a "private" thing but to me it should be public. If people know the "true" punishment for their actions they might? think twice. The same thing applies to animals. If people ever go watch a pig get butchered or a dog get put down because the owner just doesn't want it anymore....you really learn to appreciate life, not try and isolate it from every little danger. Like hungery fish. :lol:
Signed,
Sondan
P.S. Mr. V Even though I SO don't agree with this I do enjoy seeing how the rest of the world views stuff so please make sure you don't take any of this personal. :cool:

. I find this very similar to here in America where we have the death penalty (go go go Death Penalty). But they try and make it a "private" thing but to me it should be public. If people know the "true" punishment for their actions they might? think twice.

Sorry to go off topic, but putting people to death is shameful in any circumstances.
I just dont believe that the justice system in any country is accurate enough to be sure someone deserves to die. I only have to look at Irish people convicted of bombings in England who were clearly innocent but the judge at their trial said he was dissapointed that he could no longer impose the death penalty. Those people are now free and have had their innocence proven without doubt.

I would rather leave the country than to know that part of my taxes goes towards the needles, the gas or the chairs used to actually kill someone.

As for being a deterrent, many of the atrocities commited where the death penalty was handed down were commited by people who have no problem dying to get the recognition and notoriety for the crimes they commit, the death penalty gives them the attention and martyrdom they seek.
These acts can be viewed as 'delayed' suicide attacks.

Ken

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back