Anenome help

anneke

Reaction score
Hello - bought an anenome yesterday - first I have ever had and it will not stick!!! It stays put for about half an hour then releases his foot and floats about all over my tank. I know that they move about, but thought that this would be a gradual process (like a snail) - but he is free flying stinging all my corals and damaging himself. What should I do? Where should I put him ideally and what is the best method to stop this damage?
I need help as I go on holiday in 3 days time for a week with a house sitter who will panick when this happens.
PS/ Will he die if he doesn't get rooted? :/ :byebye: -_-

Sorry to asy thisis the main trouble with Anemones.
You simply cannot ake it stick where you want it. If the nenny decides it doesnt want to stay tehre anymore then it will free itself :unsure:

If your anemone has decided to move itself (or come free is even worse) then its a sign that its not happy. What type of lights do you have? halides are really a must for anemones or they will not thrive

Also, how old is the tank? I wouldn't advise putting anything new in a tank 3 days before going on holiday, especially an anenome. It may be better to remove it and leave it out while on holiday if the person looking after the tank is not a fish keper.

ste :)

well guys :D
The anemone found a crook in the rocks and has settled down. He seems very happy and has eaten a whole cockle and a few bugs (off the ground) since yesterday. He looks like he will stay put for my holiday.
I think that the problem before was that he needed to be in a crook, but i kept putting him directly on a rock and his poor foot couldn't get a grip on it.
Many Thanks :nod:

My anenome keeps attaching herself to the bubble wand....no matter where I put her she keeps going back there :no:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back