amazon swords and wisteria

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pointy_kitty

i eat buttons
Reaction score
how much light is required for amazon swords and wisteria?
i have heard that wisteria is very close to water sprite :huh: is this true?

i have 15W on my 20gallon and i am looking for extremely low light plants
any ideas other then java fern or Anubias Barteri ?

I think they both should have 2-3 watts/ gallon. My wisteria is flourishing at 2W/g. I don't think you'll have enough light to keep swords or wistera. Java fern and java moss is your best bet.

cutechic said:
I think they both should have 2-3 watts/ gallon. My wisteria is flourishing at 2W/g. I don't think you'll have enough light to keep swords or wistera. Java fern and java moss is your best bet.
ok :/
its just for some damn reason the store tried to charge me $8.49 for one small half brown java fern :<
i guess i'll drive to the next town in search for reasonably prised plants
i have had 2 people offer me a whole wack of plants (they have over planted tanks) and neither of them have said a word for like a week about it
i don't wanna be a pest :unsure:
or maybe i will throw a rock through the window reading "give me some plants" :shifty:

Can you not order your plants online from any of the myriad good suppliers? I have no idea where "Funk Town" is, so can't give you a link.

I checked your IP, you are on ShawCable, thats Canada I think. Can you order from places like Aquarium Plant or The Docs? I've no idea if there are restrictions shipping over the border.

Lateral Line said:
Can you not order your plants online from any of the myriad good suppliers? I have no idea where "Funk Town" is, so can't give you a link.

I checked your IP, you are on ShawCable, thats Canada I think. Can you order from places like Aquarium Plant or The Docs? I've no idea if there are restrictions shipping over the  border.
hahaha
yeah i'm from canada eh
down in the boonies somewhere :whistle:

i NEVER order from the internet
i don't feal safe giving out my info online
don't wanna be a victim of one of those hacker theives :shifty:

EDIT: BTW "Funk Town" is a wonderful place in my head, where there are afro's with picks as far as the eye can see :lol:

I have the same problem as you. I can get rotting plants at Petcetera for $5+ or healthy plants at Big Al's for $13+ :( I haven't bought any recently because I obviously want healthy plants, but I find it hard to dish out all that cash, especially because I want 5 different types of plants :sly:

I agree with bbb- no harm in asking!

>>> NEVER order from the internet

There are always a few horror stories that make big news. The thing is, fot every transaction that goes wrong, millions go right. I suspect if the statistics were collected in an unbiased way, by a group who did not have an agenda, online transactions would be no more risky then ordinary mail order, credit card purchase, cheque or whatever. I buy all manner of things from the net and have never had a problem.

For what it's worth, I grew wisteria very well (almost too well) for months in a 46g tank with 30w of lighting. Water sprite didn't do so well, though.

edit: my two amazon swords did fairly well, too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back