amano shed?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hi think one of my amanos has shed.
i read irā€™s normal, but certain tank conditions can make it bad. like the wrong ph.
any thoughts on proper tank conditions for my amanos ie - ph?

hi think one of my amanos has shed.
i read irā€™s normal, but certain tank conditions can make it bad. like the wrong ph.
any thoughts on proper tank conditions for my amanos ie - ph?
Quite normal for them to shed, I usually have a skin somewhere in my tank most weeks (hopefully not from the same shrimp lol) its just as they grow they shed the outer skin. My females are huge now easily over 2.5 inches approaching 3.

Wills

Quite normal for them to shed, I usually have a skin somewhere in my tank most weeks (hopefully not from the same shrimp lol) its just as they grow they shed the outer skin. My females are huge now easily over 2.5 inches approaching 3.

Wills
thanks. how nice your amanos are so big! i love watching them. itā€™s calming šŸ˜Š

Iā€™ve 6 in a 125L. A shed skin is a regular site. I try and lift them out with pincers but they crumble easily.

Yep, totally normal. Softer water conditions can ease shedding for shrimp, so that might be what you read about with the tank conditions thingy.
Iā€™ve 6 in a 125L. A shed skin is a regular site. I try and lift them out with pincers but they crumble easily.
Do amanos turn red like giant African fan shrimp do during shedding? When they shed, the astaxanthin turns a salmon colour. Pretty cool actually, assuming it's because the shed layer is thin so it more easily turns red while the body stays blue.

could be the work of the Shifty Shed
Squad- shameless scrum!

scrum is a rugby thing, but it sounds sinister šŸ˜†

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back