Altered fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

OMG I can't belive that they can't leave well enough alone. now they got to modify yet another fish...

Yeah I read an article about it in PFK magazine...they just carnt leave things alone :angry:

Humans are humans and well never change unfotunately

Saw it on New Scientists web site a month or 2 back. I think they are calling them "Night Jewels" or something in the trade. They've been exported already in small number.

>>> cool

:rolleyes: no, obscene.

Reminds me of painted tetras, only worse. :-( Poor danios, my sister has three and they are such great fish :(

Steve-O, why do you think its cool? It's more like cruel!
I think that they should leave the ugly, or dull colored fish in their own habitat, not have them for home aquariums. And just have colorful fish like cichlids, bettas, guppies, platties, ext. ext. I think thats so dumb, just to get a little extra money!
Ron

well i think that fish dying is pretty stupid but genetically modified fish could be ok all long as they dont go extreme i meen it could ruin fish buy making all the fish extremely colorful and fish that are natural Buities will be nothing speacial. I i think coloring Danios is about as far as they should go they should't chang like the structure of the fish like body and fine ext. :huh:

I totally agree with all of you who say that GM fish is totally unnessesary. I think there are enough beautiful and unusual fish out there, they don't need to be mucking around with them.

I did see one thing that I agreed with in that article. I thought it was really good that they have to tell consumers that what they are buying is not natural. I think that they should have to do that with painted fish as well, maybe have a little pamphlet by the tank so people can make an informed decision on whether or not they want to support such practices. I don't think that would happen, but it would be nice.

Gabe

Lateral Line said:
Saw it on New Scientists web site a month or 2 back. I think they are calling them "Night Jewels" or something in the trade. They've been exported already in small number.

>>> cool

:rolleyes: no, obscene.
Theyr under the name 'night pearls' :grr:

i've been thinking on the subject and i think its a pretty bad idea to due this to fish but would't it be cool to have a oscar that staided small?

I think the whole idea is disgusting. :sick:

Red and green fish.........they'll probably get rich on Chrismas sales alone. :eek:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back