All Pond Solutions 240L Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Wow, your tank looks awesome. And I love your choice of fish. Do the fish swim in the large open area or stick close to the plants?

Wow, your tank looks awesome. And I love your choice of fish. Do the fish swim in the large open area or stick close to the plants?

thanks alot. they stay in the plants mostly where they feel secure except the bolivian ram which usually hangs out alone in the open space, during the day that is but they all come out at night when lights off. you wouldnt believe theres 50+ fish in there, i suppose its because the tank is alone in a quiet room so they are not used to people, they get scared by the slightest movement.

Cool, my fish were like that to start with, but now they are out a lot more. They still hide when someone walks past, but will come back quickly if you just sit next to the tank. Although I dont have as much open space as you do. If (when) I get a larger tank I'd like a lot of open space like yours.

That tank looks great. Really awesome scape and you said in the beggining you were a newb?Does not look like so. I'm one if i compare my tank to yours.
Well done mate. And that tank looks awesome, i have a allpond solutions luminaire and i am very happy with it so far, but the tanks i always thought they were rubish. But yours looks really good,i will have a better look at their tanks, yours looks really good.

That tank looks great. Really awesome scape and you said in the beggining you were a newb?Does not look like so. I'm one if i compare my tank to yours.
Well done mate. And that tank looks awesome, i have a allpond solutions luminaire and i am very happy with it so far, but the tanks i always thought they were rubish. But yours looks really good,i will have a better look at their tanks, yours looks really good.

thanks mate, well its only my 2nd attempt at a planted tank but i have done loads and loads of research :)

if you can afford a new tank these are good for the money, im not so sure about the tanks with hoods. heres a recent review from pfk magazine http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=5064

if i could back now though i would have done things much differently. i would buy an opti white tank (preferably used) build my own cabinet and buy an allpondsolutions luminaire, i reckon this would work out cheaper and look better.

thanks mate, well its only my 2nd attempt at a planted tank but i have done loads and loads of research :)

if you can afford a new tank these are good for the money, im not so sure about the tanks with hoods. heres a recent review from pfk magazine http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=5064

if i could back now though i would have done things much differently. i would buy an opti white tank (preferably used) build my own cabinet and buy an allpondsolutions luminaire, i reckon this would work out cheaper and look better.

I bought a fluval roma 240 last year from seapets. It cost me 350£. But even though i like my tank alot, it is rather large and but it is not that deep. Its 40 cm deep.
The deeper the tank the better options for scapes you got.

I bought a fluval roma 240 last year from seapets. It cost me 350£. But even though i like my tank alot, it is rather large and but it is not that deep. Its 40 cm deep.
The deeper the tank the better options for scapes you got.

i like the fluval romas, especially the new style ones. i almost bought one before i got this but i thought the t8 lighting wasnt good enough, i know better now though that most plants do fine under t8`s. youre right though a deeper tank is easier to scape

this tank was in the latest pfk magazine its a fluval roma and looks amazing. cold water too
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=5051

this is one of my favourites aswell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1T8V7QJo-c

Tank looks very nice and crisp creg, well done mate. To be honest im suprised your cherries haven't been eaten already, they must hide pretty well...

Tank looks very nice and crisp creg, well done mate. To be honest im suprised your cherries haven't been eaten already, they must hide pretty well...

thanks. well i dont see any shrimp out whatsoever during the day, not even the amanos but they all come out of hiding after lights out. maybe its because i keep my fish so well fed they are not interested.

3-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

cheers mint, wish i had a better camera though that picture is poor

looks great mate!

I see there is a little evolution in the tank as well. The back is spreading out a bit. I like it when tanks do this, it give extra dimensions to the scape. Well done. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back