All Pond Solutions 240L Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

creg

Fishaholic
Reaction score
http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/aquarium-1/fish-tanks/cabinet-aquarium-fish-tanks/open-top-cabinet-fish-tank-aquarium-240-litres-100cm-3ft-three-colours.html (cost just £360 with pfk-10 discount code)

complete aps setup finally arrived today. gonna keep it low tech/low maintenance hopefully, im still a noob so dont expect anything amazing :) .

substrate - flourite dark and normal, unipac senegal sand
hardscape - dragon stone and redmoor root
lighting - 2 x 39w t5
filter - aps 1400 lph
co2 and ferts - aqua essentials aqua carbon + aqua nourish
plants - mostly crypts with a few java ferns and a low tech carpet plant

21mcm7k.jpg

redmoor and dragon stone added

15f38nr.jpg

Oh i am looking forward to this!!! :D :D :D

Just a note on the filter, i have the 1000 filtering my 88 litre tank and it is erm... erm... weak. :/ I have since added a seperate little internal to get the nutrients around the tank more and to add a little more flow.

Oh i am looking forward to this!!! :D :D :D

Just a note on the filter, i have the 1000 filtering my 88 litre tank and it is erm... erm... weak. :/ I have since added a seperate little internal to get the nutrients around the tank more and to add a little more flow.

thankyou hopefully i wont disappoint

i have 3 of the 1000`s (1 on my 60l, 2 on my 240l malawi tank) :lol: the flow on all mine is really good especially after cleaning the media and pipes. i dont use the spray bar on those maybe that helps but im shocked yours isnt very good.

Really? I think it is pants. Even with some of the filter media removed. Anyway, it's your journal not mine. :lol:

What Crypts you going with?

What Crypts you going with?

pretty much all of them :lol: got my inspiration from here http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=3196

crypts are my favourite species

going to a few lfs`s tommorow to hopefully get most of the plants, gonna try maidenhead aquatics in solihull they seem popular, plus a couple others. i usually order online so not sure how good lfs`s are for selection.

Ahh... a man after my own heart. Look forward to the updated pics of progress!

Any thoughts on fish?

Ahh... a man after my own heart. Look forward to the updated pics of progress!

Any thoughts on fish?

massive school of rasbora (harlequin or espei), either zebra loach or corydoras, pair of dwarf gourami, lots of shrimp, ottos.

ive changed my mind a few times but this is pretty much what i want. will post pics tommorow after planting if all goes well.

that tank doesn't look half bad for an APS.

look forward to it Creg, keep us updated. :good:

I have a small suggestion, if your using a lot of crypts then I'd build up thf substrate under your rocks a little and maybe spread them a little more. I only speak from experience here as I done it and after a few months growth they blocked the view of the rocks and kinda took over, just a suggestion tho. :)

I have a small suggestion, if your using a lot of crypts then I'd build up thf substrate under your rocks a little and maybe spread them a little more. I only speak from experience here as I done it and after a few months growth they blocked the view of the rocks and kinda took over, just a suggestion tho. :)

yeah i was expecting this to happen, it would be a shame as dragon stone looks awesome. i actually just spread the rocks out a little more away from the redmoor root and will probably only plant in between the rocks and not infront so only the ones at the back will get hidden.

well i wont be planting this weekend afterall, went to 3 lfs one of which was voted runner up west midlands retailer of the year and the plants they stocked were awfull.

will be ordering from aquaessentials and green machine instead

Ordered the plants from aquaessentials last thursday and chose parcelforce 24 hour delivery hoping id recieve them either friday or saturday morning, unfortunately they didnt arrive till monday and they didnt look great. I was pretty ill at the time so my initial plans went out the window and i basically just chucked em all in randomly :lol: probably didnt separate the crypts well enough and most were left with too much rock wool left on but i did my best.

25qsoih.jpg

8ye4it.jpg

29590lk.jpg

Plant list
Cryptocoryne wendtii green
Cryptocoryne wendtii brown
Cryptocoryne bullosa
Cryptocoryne walkeri
Cryptocoryne petchii
Cryptocoryne costata
Cryptocoryne legroi
Cryptocoryne moehlmannii