All Pond Solutions 240L Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

think i might go for a pearl gourami pair, they look stunning and are a nice size

It's a great looking tank :)

I'll say if it ain't broke, probably don't fix it, but after re-reading the thread you mention no CO[sub]2[/sub] but you are dosing carbon which does a similar job, this puts you towards high tech where my flat out advice would normally be make sure you dose Macro's....just be aware of that if anything should start to not look right.

It's a great looking tank :)

I'll say if it ain't broke, probably don't fix it, but after re-reading the thread you mention no CO[sub]2[/sub] but you are dosing carbon which does a similar job, this puts you towards high tech where my flat out advice would normally be make sure you dose Macro's....just be aware of that if anything should start to not look right.

thanks

im pretty clueless about ferts. i have heard of macro elements and worried im not dosing them, but i thought because my tank was low light and i dont have co2 it wasnt needed? i also have lots of fish..

should i dose a fertiliser containing marcos say once a week?

thanks

im pretty clueless about ferts. i have heard of macro elements and worried im not dosing them, but i thought because my tank was low light and i dont have co2 it wasnt needed? i also have lots of fish..

should i dose a fertiliser containing marcos say once a week?

The lower light will probably mean your fish and fish food are supplying the macro's, so I wouldn't worry too much unless you start seeing problems. It's more so that should something happen you have all the facts rather than think, 'well it worked before' etc.
If you where to go for macro's you could get the nourish+ start with whatever it recommends and then react to any changes (if you need to)

I'd probably not change anything and maybe grab a bottle of + on your next AE order :)

Pearl gouramis are really beautiful. I'd start with a group of 5 or 6 and then as they get older you'll be able to sex them and I'd remove all but one male and leave him with however many females are in there (hopefully at least 2).

Got any recent pictures? :D the one at the end of Feb is great - growth is really good!

Pearl gouramis are really beautiful. I'd start with a group of 5 or 6 and then as they get older you'll be able to sex them and I'd remove all but one male and leave him with however many females are in there (hopefully at least 2).

Got any recent pictures? :D the one at the end of Feb is great - growth is really good!

thanks for the advice ill see what my lfs has in stock this weekend

the pics at the end of page 2 are recent from last weekend. will probably take some more this weekend as ive got some new zebra loach and hopefully will have new gouramis.

:)

10-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Amazing, on both the plants and fish. Well done! Is that the pearl gourami in the second and third pics of your latest round?

wow, that are some nice shots you have there! Easter holidays are great for picture taking right?! :hyper:

yeah easter sunday was a good time for us in the uk to take pics cus the weather was too crappy to go anywhere :lol:

Amazing, on both the plants and fish. Well done! Is that the pearl gourami in the second and third pics of your latest round?

thanks, yes thats the pearls they look even better in the flesh. id love to have more species of gourami they really are beautiful and entertaining fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back