Algae Tool ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
HI , my maintenace regime has slipped due to working more hours, I have let lots of green algae build up on the glass, I have always been a great believer in a sponge and some elbow grease, my BN is uber lazy, I am finding it very hard to scrub the alage off. :crazy: Is there something better I could be using ?
Any suggestions ?

Haven`t tried it myself but others recommend a simple credit card or some other rigid plastic card?. Might be worth a try.

I use the magnetic type algae scrapers. They have a nice scrubber surface on the part that goes into the tank and one that is the right size for your glass thickness will work wonders. My son bought me a Hammerhead cleaner for Xmas one year and it is phenomenal at cleaning the 1/2 inch thick glass on my 6 foot tank. I cannot suggest it to most people though because I went to check the price in case I wanted another. I think it makes a nice gift for a fish keeper because they will never spend that much on themselves. You will almost certainly be buying them something they would not already have.

I'll start dropping hints, maybe Santa will be good to me this year :lol:

if it is greenspot algae (the reaaaly tough stuff to get off) the best equipment is an old credit card (or similar)as suggested. works GREAT at getting the difficult to remove algae off (ive found scrapers, especially magnetic ones just arent quite up to the task). if its softer green algae, scrapers work just fine.
cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back