Air pump recommendations please?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AdoraBelle Dearheart

Nutty fish nutter
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I'm looking for an airpump that will reliably run two sponge filters at the same time. Disappointed in the ones I've tried. Have a Nicrew and an All Ponds Solution one, neither have the power to run two pumps at the same time, they always run one but not the other, even though air comes out of both outputs.

Had a tetra one for a while that did work, but was pretty loud, and the powerful one isn't cheap either.

Ideally, in order of importance, I'd like one that is;

1. Powerful enough to run two separate pieces of equipment.
2. Relatively quiet.
3. Budget friendly if possible!

Eheim.

1. They have two models which have two outlets, which can be individually adjusted. The air200 does 200 litres per hour and the air400 does 400 litres per hour.

2. I used the smallest model (one output only) on my betta's tank and it was pretty quiet. They have hanging loops for the quietest operation if you have somewhere to hang it from.

3. They are not the cheapest on the market though.

Eheim.

1. They have two models which have two outlets, which can be individually adjusted. The air200 does 200 litres per hour and the air400 does 400 litres per hour.

2. I used the smallest model (one output only) on my betta's tank and it was pretty quiet. They have hanging loops for the quietest operation if you have somewhere to hang it from.

3. They are not the cheapest on the market though.
Thank you!
I was checking out the Eheim, because I've seen their heaters recommended before, seems like a brand people trust. They aren't the cheapest, but if they'll meet the first two things I need, then I I'd expect it to cost a bit more, and it would be worth it. Especially if they're recommended by someone I know who has actually used them - so thanks :)

I have two Fusion pumps, and they are superb. You cannot hear them running, and they have been reliable so far; I've had the current one which is operating three dual sponge filters (in three individual tanks) for 4-5 years now. Don't know if these are available in the UK or not. I see the manufacturer is different now, may have bought out the former one, but the pump appears the same from the photo and description.

Attachments

• Fusion Air Pump.jpg
    Fusion Air Pump.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Fusion Air Pump2.jpg
    Fusion Air Pump2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 53
I have two Fusion pumps, and they are superb. You cannot hear them running, and they have been reliable so far; I've had the current one which is operating three dual sponge filters (in three individual tanks) for 4-5 years now. Don't know if these are available in the UK or not. I see the manufacturer is different now, may have bought out the former one, but the pump appears the same from the photo and description.
These are the ones I use, as well, (when needed), and can recommend them, too

Those pumps are listed on amazon.co.uk but as "currently unavailable". I can't find any other UK site with them listed.

Those pumps are listed on amazon.co.uk but as "currently unavailable". I can't find any other UK site with them listed.

When I searched under the "former" manufacturer, I came across "DISCONTINUED By Manufacturer (another casualty of Amazon/Chewy)" for all three models. I found the "Breza" on the site of the local store where I bought the others, so assumed maybe a new manufacturer?

I can find one hit in the UK for Breza air pump, and that's an import from the US on eBay. Is this the same one?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I can find one hit in the UK for Breza air pump, and that's an import from the US on eBay. Is this the same one?

It is not the same "name" but it may be much the same in operation. The one I found on my local store site has "Fusion" in the name. I entered "Fusion air pump" in the search field of your linked site, and up came the whole range as new, and some used.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My search engine didn't find those when I searched for Fusion air pumps, only the Amazon one ????

I see the eBay ones under the Fusion name are also imports from the US. And one has a postage of £58.80 with a pump price of £14.65 to £36.25 o_O

(That's pump price $20.34 to $50.34 with postage $81.66)

Dang! Thank you so much for the recommendations and the searching! I couldn't find it easily available in the UK either, not listed on Amazon. I did find this one by the same company for £20.80, but it's only a single output. Otherwise, same results as @Essjay when I searched, American imports with expensive shipping :(
aquatop-aquarium-air-pump-ap20.jpg

Thank you though guys, someone else will find the tip useful for sure! And the Eheim sounds good, even if a bit pricey. If it lasts (and I won't pop it like I did the Tetra one, by turning it off without a water check valve!) it'll be worth it.

It's not urgent, so I'll wait a few days before ordering in case someone else recommends another brand in the UK that they've tried and works well.

I was looking at this airpump, as well as the Eheim, since reviews seem pretty good and it's not the cheapest, but also £23 compared to the Eheim's £33
711VxVQT1GL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

But I haven't heard the name anywhere either. Then again, I bought a Nicrew airpump because they have such a good rep with lights, and was disappointed in the airpump. Not powerful enough to run two airstones even.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Eheim should be good as Essjay mentioned and it also saves energy.
Eheim products usually requires lower energy than other brands but still delivers the same power.

But take note that their new "hang on filters" by Eheim suck as they changed the material of the filter container and it cracks easily.

I usually buy local brands air pumps which are cheaper but may not be as good as the reputable/branded European/American products.
In my opinion, if you get an air pump with at least 10W, it should be strong enough to power two outlets.

Last edited:
I've got all Tetra brand.pumps. A single outlet on the 10 gallon runnin one stone. I got a whisper quiet single outlet on the 38 gallon running one big stone. I have a whisper quiet dual outlet one on the 75 gallon piped into a single run to a block on the back which splits that into 4 runnin 4 big stones and 2 2 inch discs and 1 3 inch disc. No problem. They been running reliably for years now without issue. All purchased at WalMart. Cheap and effective.

I love Eheim pumps. Just make sure they don't get to warm as the diaphragms fail. So if you are going to run it in a confined space maybe not the best choice.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back