Aggressive Dwarf Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jesuitstudent05

Reaction score
Hey,

I got a new tank so my 29 gallon going to be empty and I wanted to put dwarf gouramis in there with some other community fish. I went to my lfs and they said they are too aggressive but I read online that they are peaceful. Does anyone who has had experience know which one to trust? Also if i can put some community fish with it can i put guppies or are there any other recommendations?

Thanks

I have a pair of dwarfs in with neons an angle and male bettas

The male gourami and the first male betta did not get on, so removed the betta and used another one in with him and he was fine (the betta was the agressor)

My pair seem friendly enough, will chase the neons every once in a while, i think he just likes to break up the schoal :p

well that depends. How many do you want and what are you going to put them with. I have had dwarf gouramis in the past. The males were pretty aggressive and picked on my angel and betta but thats all. They also fought amongst thmselves. The males are territortial and will fight each other but all the females i have had were very peaceful.

My gourami's have all been about half and half. Some are aggressive, while others are completly peaceful. It's really just a luck of the draw. :)

dark_tyger said:
My gourami's have all been about half and half. Some are aggressive, while others are completly peaceful. It's really just a luck of the draw. :)
They're a lot like bettas in that respect.

My pearl gourami are relatively peaceful, though the male does pick on the female a bit more than she bugs him. They're a cute little couple. They don't do much with their tankmates, but are definitely the boss.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back