African Dwarf Frog Also Maybe Tank Problems

chewit

Reaction score
Ok i have a 17l tank yes is small has a heater
I have a marina i25 filter and yes a heater
Also have a fan tail gup and a male sword fish an 2 coolie loaches
Problem
My water seems very merchy and not clean so decided to change the filter pad is this correct or is it the frog and the frozen krill shrimp food or anything to worry about

ok a few things - - 17 liters is less than 4 gallons of water. this is a very small tank

1) did you cycle the tank?
2) what are your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?
3) did you just rinse off the filter pad in old tank water or completely replace it? If you just replaced it then you are not filtered at all and there is no beneficial bacteria colony in your filter to process the ammonia and nitrite.
4) how did you introduce the fish and frogs to the tank?
5) are you positive it is an african dwarf frog? do BOTH the back and front feet have webbing between the fingers/toes or JUST the back feet?
6) your tank is not suitable or big enough for all of the fish. even if you got rid of the coolie loaches (kuhli loaches) and sword fish, you would be over stocked with just the guppy and frog.
7) your tank is in the process of cycling , hence the hazardous water. you need to read up on "Fish-In Cycling" under the beginners section and seriously consider rehoming your stock or returning them if you are serious about their health.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back