Advice On Rummynose Tetra That Jumped Tank & Acting Strange.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

214jay

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I currently have 6 rummynose Tetra in a small quatrantine tank, doing daily water changes to keep all the levels down.

A few days ago I stupidly left the lid off the tank.  I was walking around the room and had a look in the tank, could only see 5 fish.  After a long time searching I found one of the fish down the back of a set of drawers, to my amazement still alive.  I put him into a fresh bucket of water and he was upside down breather heavy, I left him like this overnight.  The next day he appeared fine again so I put im back into the quarantine tank.

Now he's still alive but not quite right, often doesnt shoal as much with the others or swims in a different way to the rest.  He's eating fine.  Today I found him missing again...He had mananged to get behind the filter and reverse into a little hole which was a nightmare to get him out of!!

I'm not sure what to do with him, I don't really want to put him in my main display if he is suffering or leave him in quarantine to get even more sick.  He almost appears braindamaged!!

I'm afraid he got much worse today so I had to euthanise him with clove oil but thanks for looking.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back