The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Should I do 50% water changes until then I tried to put wood in there to try to absorb some thing last month. Do you think it could be my filter? It’s pretty old?

Okay doing a water change now, I just took pics of him his eye looks so much better in 24hrs he must of pumped it and injured it so he should end up okay I read.
DD88FD7C-36E9-4D61-A4C4-2D983DCC2DA2.jpeg
F326EE46-3B85-42FA-B3FE-766FFE5F6AC8.jpeg
75E14B00-7472-48BC-BF6E-776B4D6FA5F9.jpeg

Should I do 50% water changes until then I tried to put wood in there to try to absorb some thing last month. Do you think it could be my filter? It’s pretty old?
Yes to the water changes, the injury will be less likely to get secondary infections.
An old filter won't cause problem nitrate, Just rinse the filter media in a bucket of tank water regularly to keep on top of the sludge, then an occasional clean of the casing and impellor to keep the water flowing well.
High tap nitrates, overfeeding or insufficient water changes are more likely to be the cause of high nitrate.

How long has your tank been set up? Was your tank properly cycled?
We need to know the nitrite reading. Anything over 0 indicates an an uncycled tank and is bad for fish health. Anytime nitrite or ammonia is above 0, you need to do a large water change.

I recommend you get an API test kit. It is more accurate than the strips.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back