[Advice Needed] Terrible Luck With My Filter And Glasstop

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ciddire

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Greetings forum friends!

It would appear that my penguin 200b filter is defective.

I came home from work today and my filter was off.

I plugged it in and out and was finally able to get it started. However, it is making a terrible grinding sound!
See Youtube video here: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ou55Qg_AR-M

I contacted Marineland tech support and was told to return the unit to my place of purchase.

I am currently into my second week of cycling and am seeing results that would indicate I am nearing completion. How can I salvage my cycle work so far?

I am going to return the filter for a refund not a replacement, I will be replacing it with a Aquaclear 50 due to its outstanding reviews on both the internet and this forum. I am also running an Aquatech 20-40 as a backup filter (beyond the return period)
Today I was supposed to receive my glass aquarium top via USPS but it arrived broken in 5 pieces. However, my US Satellite Freshwater LED+ arrived in perfect condition!

So basically i'm having a bad fish day.

Save the filter media. You can place it in a bucket of dechlorinated water with an airstone (or in the tank). Sorry you're having a bad day! :(

Ninjouzata said:
Save the filter media. You can place it in a bucket of dechlorinated water with an airstone (or in the tank). Sorry you're having a bad day! :(
I'm going to plop it in the tank. I've got the other filter going so I should be good there.

I've read online that cutting up my filter media and plopping it in the new filter to seed it is a good idea. Any comments on this?

Would I cut up the blue filter pads & the biowheel? Or both?

Hmm you can cut the filter pad, not sure about the biowheel. I'd think so but may want to wait for someone who has used them to comment.

Most reactions

trending

Back