Addict Banners

:p Thanks so much it looks lovely! Can't wait to pick up my baby albino oscar from the LFS when the tank cycles. He will be so tiny in a 120 gallon!

I don't think I would.. I'm already cramming my 15g as it is.. :crazy: That's why I was happy to find out they're pygmies, cos they have a smaller bioload and stay smaller.

And I wouldn't have the money now! :lol: I spent almost $50 on fish today.. I have barely $17 left in my bank account.

Raechal said:
:p Thanks so much it looks lovely! Can't wait to pick up my baby albino oscar from the LFS when the tank cycles. He will be so tiny in a 120 gallon!
You're welcome. :D I actually love doing this sorta thing. :*)

Excited for the oscar? I love getting new fish.. I got 5 today! :hyper:

I've lost how much track I've spent! :lol: Before Christmas it was almost $400.. and since then I've bought and set up a 15 gallon, gotten 3 new bettas, another ten gallon, and more cories and such for the tank.

I have no idea what I'm at now! :blush:

littlefishie said:
Raechal said:
You're welcome. :D I actually love doing this sorta thing. :*)

Excited for the oscar? I love getting new fish.. I got 5 today! :hyper:
I have this huge 120 gallon sitting in my room with NO fish in it. Stupid cycle...I hate cycles. :angry: I just want to buy loads of fish and dump them all in at once! :p But I know I have to wait. :/ What kind of fish did you get today?

littlefishie said:
I'd want to CRY waiting for that! I always clone my tanks.

3 pygmy cories and a pair of crowntail bettas. :D I love that they were only $5!
5$ all together?! That is a steal! All cories are so cute. I favor the albinos. :p Although I am not sure if they are pygmy or not. I've had this one awhile now and he hasn't grown at all. He is about an inch and they were all that size at the LPS. It just said 'albino cory' and they were in the same tank with some green and bronze cories too. I know I should have more buddies for him, but he was a survivor from my little brother's 10 gallon that mysteriosly crashed. I bought some new gravel for it at walmart because it had that rainbow crap in it so I bought some more natural brown gravel for it. I rinsed the gravel for about 30-40 minutes and then added it to the tank. About an hour later all of the cories in there were breathing heavily and some had sunken-in eyes. :-( I didn't know what to do so I panicked and scooped them all out and plopped them in my 29 gallon. I was curious as to why the betta in the 10 gallon was perfectly fine and the cories were half-dead. I found out the filter was off...I guess it just stopped. :dunno: It was plugged in and everything. I just tapped it kind of hard and it started up again. I don't know how long the tank went without oxygen though. I am thinking that was what caused it, but I am not 100% sure. :dunno:

Anyways, I have two cories now. An albino and a larger green cory. They were the only two survivors. I knew the green cory would make it because he wasn't even breathing hard when I removed him from the 10 gallon. I had to scoop up the remaining albinos and green cories and pitched them in a bucket so I could flush them. I filled the bucket about an inch full of water just in case one of them "came back to life". I always REALLY make sure the fish is dead before I flush it...I always think I might have flushed it and it was just sleeping really hard or something. :lol: :wub: So anyways I took one last peek into the bucket and all of the cories were dead...except one that jumped right out at me! I scooped him out and but him back into the 29 gallon. He layed on his side for an hour or two and I prayed he would make it. I put some stress zyme in the tank and dropped in a few sinking pellets for him. He recovered and now he is doing great.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention he was the cory we got that only had one eye. The "defected" one that "wasn't supposed to make it". :p :wub:

Maybe I should get him some friends but I don't want overstock my tank.

I'm not too sure that dwarfs come in albino.. mine look like really teeny cories, with a black dot on their tail and a line going across the rest of their body towards their head. Like an exclamation point. You'd have to check with Inchworm on that one.

I love how they're little survivors, though.. soo cute! :wub:
If you have good filtration you could probably pick up 2 more so that they're at least in a group of three. As far as I know they're not that big of a bioload.

This is what is in the 29 gallon now:

2 glass cats (the other 3 didn't make it :-( )
6 neons
1 red-tailed rasbora (thrown in with neons by mistake)
1 blue german ram (the other one died when I had an unknown nitrite spike :-( )
1 pregnant dalmation molly
7 dalmation molly fry in a breeding net
1 bumblebee catfish

I want to add atleast two more albino cories and another green cory, possibly 2 more greens.
I will be donating most of the fry to my LFS when it gets big enough.

Do you think I would have room?

I COULD make my 120 gallon a community...but I REALLY want a more aggressive tank now. I already have two community set-ups running currently.

Most reactions

Back