ADA 60F low tech

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I was in the same predicament due to the shallow nature of my nano tanks. I opted for suction cups both inside and outside, adding one outside securing the lower part of the hose. That stabilized them.

And my parents thought I just got to many plants for my 20g long? :rofl:

Really nice layout there @Wills. Those rocks and sand really go well together. Can’t wait to see how the finished project is!

(I think a single betta and some shrimp would really compliment it)

I’ve just bought two of these off amazon look quite a nice bit of kit will probably look a bit bulky but worth it going to get a black background for this one too so should all blend in. My clip will go over the top rather than the front though. Really want some of those black lolly pipes too not seen them before book look cool

28DF5FFF-963A-4AD9-9FA7-FAC8139597D1.jpeg

12C554B1-651E-4BEA-8BDF-1496CC066C8A_1_105_c.jpeg

4EEDEFE2-4EDF-441E-A613-BD29194E9633_1_105_c.jpeg

2815E853-1601-4234-9E9F-EE39965175A5_1_105_c.jpeg

371C5E7E-31F2-444A-BF42-478AEE435262_1_105_c.jpeg

I'm planted and the tank has water in :) Plants were really good but had a dead pot of S.Repens which is annoying, it looked a bit iffy but when I opened it omg!

I've not planted the Hygrophila as its just going to be too tall for this tank, and I've not put the Anubias in as I'm not sure if its got a bit of hair/staghorn algae on it or not so want to read up on doing a bleach dip or something similar.

I've also not put any of the plants I saved from my other tank in as its likely a way of introducing algae to the new scape. Interestingly all the plants that have gone in are in-vitro even the crypts! The crypts were a bit odd, they were in the liquid fertiliser in the pots but the roots were also in a jelly, I just couldnt get the jelly off so I've assumed this is fine since they are root feeders?

Filter is not in yet - hense the minimal look :) once the clips mentioned above arrive, hopefully tomorrow, I will get it all hooked up.

One issue (might make a separate thread about this) when you walk on the floor infront of the unit in one spot you can see the water ripple on top. Once the current is going you might not see this so wondering if it happens on most tanks but we never notice it because of lids and/or surface agitation? Room is relitively low traffic so not too worried overall right now - unless someone tells me I should be?

Wills

View attachment 127854
View attachment 127855
View attachment 127856
View attachment 127857

I'm planted and the tank has water in :) Plants were really good but had a dead pot of S.Repens which is annoying, it looked a bit iffy but when I opened it omg!

I've not planted the Hygrophila as its just going to be too tall for this tank, and I've not put the Anubias in as I'm not sure if its got a bit of hair/staghorn algae on it or not so want to read up on doing a bleach dip or something similar.

I've also not put any of the plants I saved from my other tank in as its likely a way of introducing algae to the new scape. Interestingly all the plants that have gone in are in-vitro even the crypts! The crypts were a bit odd, they were in the liquid fertiliser in the pots but the roots were also in a jelly, I just couldnt get the jelly off so I've assumed this is fine since they are root feeders?

Filter is not in yet - hense the minimal look :) once the clips mentioned above arrive, hopefully tomorrow, I will get it all hooked up.

One issue (might make a separate thread about this) when you walk on the floor infront of the unit in one spot you can see the water ripple on top. Once the current is going you might not see this so wondering if it happens on most tanks but we never notice it because of lids and/or surface agitation? Room is relitively low traffic so not too worried overall right now - unless someone tells me I should be?

Wills
Well, my whole house is a ripple. Unless you know your floor may collapse I wouldn't worry about it. Once the filter is going you'll never see it.
Looking beautiful!

I guess I don’t get what you’re asking... are you saying when you walk in front of it, it vibrates the whole thing and makes the water move on top?

Awesome looking so far. :good:

Well, my whole house is a ripple. Unless you know your floor may collapse I wouldn't worry about it. Once the filter is going you'll never see it.
Thanks :) it is a concrete floor we have new laminate floor and the underlay is still a bit squishy

I guess I don’t get what you’re asking... are you saying when you walk in front of it, it vibrates the whole thing and makes the water move on top?

Awesome looking so far. :good:

Thanks :) - yep just as you step in one place you can see the lights ripple on the top.

Thanks :) it is a concrete floor we have new laminate floor and the underlay is still a bit squishy

Thanks :) - yep just as you step in one place you can see the lights ripple on the top.
Ah, no need to worry about that man. Once you get the filter going, you won’t be able to see it. :good:

(Are you sure the stand/table is level?)

Ah, no need to worry about that man. Once you get the filter going, you won’t be able to see it. :good:

(Are you sure the stand/table is level?)
Yep checked it all with a spirit level plus with an open top tank it is basically a spirit level haha

Tank looks beautiful man. ADA make some quality looking tanks!

What are you planning on putting in this tank, and being open top will they stay in the tank.
Not sure yet maybe a beta maybe some small raspora maybe some oil cats? Definitely getting a lid though just a piece of glass to sit on the top just want to get the filter pipes fixed and then make a template for a company I know can do it for me.

Not sure yet maybe a beta maybe some small raspora maybe some oil cats? Definitely getting a lid though just a piece of glass to sit on the top just want to get the filter pipes fixed and then make a template for a company I know can do it for me.
The thing about a cover you will loose some of the effect. Maybe fish like cherry barbs or checker barbs will stay put. A couple of rams or Apistogrammas might be alright.

The thing about a cover you will loose some of the effect. Maybe fish like cherry barbs or checker barbs will stay put. A couple of rams or Apistogrammas might be alright.
I was toying with a pair of apistogramma hongsloi as they are quite small and broad range of locations so would do well in tap water but not 100%. The tank has quite a big footprint for the capacity so would make sense to do just two fish that appreciate the space.

Got the filter set up and running tonight. I've kind of messed up cutting the outlet pipe section a bit too short. So to stop any water noise I've had to fill it up terrifyingly high... I have a spray bar attachment that will seriously help but again because of I how I've cut the pipes I've made it difficult on my self! Will have to keep an eye on it but I dont think I'm at risk of overflowing... I have had to turn the filter flow right down though so hoping there isnt a risk of that turning up? Hopefully the good Oase quality will hold it in place.

BBC77DBB-E253-410B-8A48-18F7B29A5036_1_105_c.jpeg

E3592A6A-70E4-4434-BEB2-D0A72E0CBB0E_1_105_c.jpeg

Think I can see some growth between these pics and the first ones which is quite cool in just a few days - I've found myself watching the tank and I swear I can see pearling on some plants but just putting it down to the substrate settling for now.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back