Acrylic Tanks

Plato

New Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Some six months ago, I replaced my 20G (long) glass tank with a 29G acrylic tank. I was doing some maintenance today and noticed that the top long edges are bowing outward roughly 1/4" in the front and another 1/4" in the back. Is this normal? Is it anything to worry about? In thirty years of 10G and 20G glass tanks, I've never seen anything like that.
 
ive seen some that have bowed a bit more then that, but never broke. you have to remember, essentially, its just plastic.
ive never had a problem with an acrylic tank bowing on me personally.
 
ive seen some that have bowed a bit more then that, but never broke. you have to remember, essentially, its just plastic.
ive never had a problem with an acrylic tank bowing on me personally.
Thanks. I was hoping for a response like that. You have to "gunsight" it to see the bow so, as long as it doesn't break or get ridiculous, I don't care.
 
one of the lfs near me has a SW acrylic tank that it obviously bowed, but its been like this for a long time. ive noticed it for almost 2 years. but it does not leak or anything like that.
 
one of the lfs near me has a SW acrylic tank that it obviously bowed, but its been like this for a long time. ive noticed it for almost 2 years. but it does not leak or anything like that.
Thanks again.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top