A Variety Of Gouramis In One Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AquaPit

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Any experience keeping such stock?

I might be mistaken, but I didn't see any gouramis in there. I saw 2 german blue rams, a few corys, a guppy, and neon tetras (and some tiny schooling fish I couldn't identify). That stocking works perfectly fine provided it's in a decent-sized tank. I wouldn't go any smaller than 20 gallon long for that stock. As for various gouramis in one tank, it's hit and miss with them. Honey and sparkling gouramis are both peaceful and should be fine together, but most of the larger ones (including dwarf) can potentially work but most of the time won't. 

Same. Didnt see any gouramis, but anyway its not recommended to keep gouramis together because of agression, with the exception of the sparkling and honey gouramis. However, I used to have 3 dwarf gouramis ( thanks to the expertise of a Petco employee) in a 55 gallon tank and they didnt seem to mind each other.

I wouldn't mix different gouramis in a tank of this size (no offense!), I'd just stick to some honey gourami. They're peaceful, small, and pretty :)

juhason said:
I might be mistaken, but I didn't see any gouramis in there. I saw 2 german blue rams, a few corys, a guppy, and neon tetras (and some tiny schooling fish I couldn't identify). That stocking works perfectly fine provided it's in a decent-sized tank. I wouldn't go any smaller than 20 gallon long for that stock. As for various gouramis in one tank, it's hit and miss with them. Honey and sparkling gouramis are both peaceful and should be fine together, but most of the larger ones (including dwarf) can potentially work but most of the time won't.
Hehe.. The video is taken a week ago.. Its in my Signature.. The guppy, GBRs and neons have since been given away to make space for the gourami.. :) Tks for the advice!

Dmbandstef said:
Same. Didnt see any gouramis, but anyway its not recommended to keep gouramis together because of agression, with the exception of the sparkling and honey gouramis. However, I used to have 3 dwarf gouramis ( thanks to the expertise of a Petco employee) in a 55 gallon tank and they didnt seem to mind each other.
Tks for the advice! :)
Ninjouzata said:
I wouldn't mix different gouramis in a tank of this size (no offense!), I'd just stick to some honey gourami. They're peaceful, small, and pretty :)
Hehehe.. No worries Nin! My current tank is only left with 10 Hasborus Cory and 4 Pygmy Cory.. The rest has been given away.. Will look into the Honeys then.. tks!

AquaPit said:

Hehe.. The video is taken a week ago.. Its in my Signature.. The guppy, GBRs and neons have since been given away to make space for the gourami..
smile.png
Tks for the advice!

Oops... haha. Didn't realize, it's a very nice tank though! Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back