The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
๐Ÿ† Click to vote! ๐Ÿ†

CozyCat

Fish Fanatic
Pet of the Month ๐ŸŽ–๏ธ
Reaction score
For months this tank that sits on my desk set up in September last year, has been cloudy. I could not work out why it was going cloudy even after water changes and clarifying treatments. The image below shows how bad the cloudiness got, there is a large piece of wood in the middle left somewhere...๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
20220118_111200.jpg

In the end (after some help from people on this forum๐Ÿ™) I think it might have been caused by the wood and the aquasoil I used. Found the wood was decaying quicker than usual for that type and the aquasoil broke down into a fine sediment that clogged the filter. Probably a bit of an overload of organics in the water.

I gave up trying to fix the problem and moved the fish into a temporary tank. Then I completely emptied and cleaned out this tank. Not sure what I will do with the sand and aquasoil, but I might use the wood in a terrarium build I'm planning...

So I've got fresh wood, clean sand, new plants, awesome fake dino skull I've always wanted, and a new filter (cycled media from another established tank). Fingers crossed this fresh start leads to a long term healthy aquarium!๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

20220321_175655.jpg

(That slight haze is from the sand...)

I am absolutely loving this new scape! Probably the best build I have done so far!๐Ÿคฉ

I usually dislike fake decor but that skull looks amazing in the tank! Nice scape! Just be careful of sharp edges. Very big transformation from super cloudy to practically crystal clear!

nice-nooice (1).gif

Really liking the Carcharodontosaurus, Giganotosaurus, or whatever theropod skull it is!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back