A Heartfelt Thank You To Everyone Here And Some Pics Of The Babies&#33

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

thrujenseyes

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I would like to thank all the awesome members that have helped me get back into the hobby that I so loved years ago.

I was able to cycle my little tank (fishless) in 18 days and it looks amazing.

It's now home to 5 adorable little endler guppies that are so insanely active and colorful that they just make the best little occupants ever.

Here are some shots of them in their home:

and another:

I'm trying to post 5 shots and I'm having a really hard time...
sorry...this is going to be a mess.

If anyone here is on Instagram, you can find me there under thrujenseyes and if you look under the hashtag #jensfunlittletank you can see all of my pics and videos of my tank so far.

having to shrink the shots here and try to link the videos is a strange and confusing challenge (to me).

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 168
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 183
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 167
looks lovely! Lovely colourful fish too :D

Thanks guys!

I'm wondering...do I need a little dwarf catfish for cleanup or will my assassin be enough?

Attachments

• image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 163
Once it's been running for a few weeks you could possibly look at Otocinclus. Remind me of the tank size again

Akasha, it's a little 6 gallon fluval edge. 

Thanks Lyra!!

Attachments

• image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 155
umm ... 6 gallons ... is that the 23 litre one or the larger 46 litre?

Very nice indeed. These little edge tanks are a nice design and like your little layout and nice piece of wood.

Great pics of the endlers, you did well to get these as these guys hardly ever stay still long enough to get any half decent pics
laugh.png

As for dwarf catfish such as otocinclus, for a 6 gal, 23 litre tank, would err on the side of caution and say no as I dont think would be suitable as these are fairly active little fish
confused.gif

ha...it's 23 Akasha.
you guys always throw me off using "liters"...
as I'm sure you feel with us using "gallons"
:)

ha...it's 23 Akasha.
you guys always throw me off using "liters"...
as I'm sure you feel with us using "gallons"
:)

so the 6 gal is the small 23 litre then? Too small for Otocinclus then really. Possibly look at snails or shrimps instead? The Zebra Nerite snail is a good cleaner upper. I have 2 in my tank and they never stop

Thanks ch4lie!

Near impossible to capture these little cuties!  Sooo fast!

I found that piece of wood at a very cool aquarium center about 45 minutes from me (where I got my endlers and plants also).  It's a perfect fit for the tank!

Yeah...I was worried my set up was too small for even a dwarf bottom feeder.

Do you think my snail is enough?!  Should I try a shrimp?!  I really don't want a shrimp explosion and I know they're hard to sex.

so the 6 gal is the small 23 litre then? Too small for Otocinclus then really. Possibly look at snails or shrimps instead? The Zebra Nerite snail is a good cleaner upper. I have 2 in my tank and they never stop

oops double post... perhaps Ch4rlie can clean that up for us :)

good suggestion Akasha, but will my assassin kill a zebra nerite snail?  

and I'm really scared to add another snail and or add a shrimp that could possibly multiply out of control...

my tank is so tiny and I don't know where I'd take any newcomers that "sprouted"

the litre/gallon thing I just can't fathom!! I couldn't tell you how many gallons my tank is but I know it's 240 litres!!

thrujenseyes said:
good suggestion Akasha, but will my assassin kill a zebra nerite snail?  

and I'm really scared to add another snail and or add a shrimp that could possibly multiply out of control...

my tank is so tiny and I don't know where I'd take any newcomers that "sprouted"

oh shoot! I forgot about the assassin! Yep, the nerite could be in danger and from my brief experience of endlers any shrimp might be in danger of being nipped. Hmm ... doesn't leave us with much really... looks like the clean up crew is you 
rofl.gif

Most reactions

Back