sumocopter
Fish Fanatic
- Joined
- Jan 15, 2009
- Messages
- 93
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi guys,
I'm after some advice and ideas on a few fronts.
I currently have:
6 zebra danios
5 five stripe barbs
7 neons
1 dalmation molly (ill come to him later)
1 red gourami
1 sucking loach
in a 60l tank. Overstocked, I know, so I've bought a 30l tank to split the fish.
Firstly, how is best to split these fish so they are all happy in the long run? (60l is the standard rectangle tank, 30l is quite tall)
Secondly - the molly - I had 3 but the two females died. I replaced them with another two females but they died within a day of being in the tank (I did acclimatise them properly), they seemed to die in the order that my male went after them, only when the first had died did he start chasing the second, I've got a feeling he's a bully and the stress of him and moving to a new tank may have done them in! I intend to buy two new females, do you think letting the two females into the tank for a week or so then introducing the male bring me more success?
Thirdly - I've just bought and set up the 30l tank and would normally have it running a couple of weeks before adding fish, is there any way to speed up the tank sorting itself out? I'd like to reduce the overcrowding as soon as possible really. I know patience is a virtue when it comes to these things though.
Any advice would be great, thanks
I'm after some advice and ideas on a few fronts.
I currently have:
6 zebra danios
5 five stripe barbs
7 neons
1 dalmation molly (ill come to him later)
1 red gourami
1 sucking loach
in a 60l tank. Overstocked, I know, so I've bought a 30l tank to split the fish.
Firstly, how is best to split these fish so they are all happy in the long run? (60l is the standard rectangle tank, 30l is quite tall)
Secondly - the molly - I had 3 but the two females died. I replaced them with another two females but they died within a day of being in the tank (I did acclimatise them properly), they seemed to die in the order that my male went after them, only when the first had died did he start chasing the second, I've got a feeling he's a bully and the stress of him and moving to a new tank may have done them in! I intend to buy two new females, do you think letting the two females into the tank for a week or so then introducing the male bring me more success?
Thirdly - I've just bought and set up the 30l tank and would normally have it running a couple of weeks before adding fish, is there any way to speed up the tank sorting itself out? I'd like to reduce the overcrowding as soon as possible really. I know patience is a virtue when it comes to these things though.
Any advice would be great, thanks
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=271928






