9" - 10" Pet Cichlid?

i have to say i agree , mostly rotties tend to be a touch dissapointing in terms of quality imo . my personal faves are red spotted

tbh ive not seen or heard of a red spotted much bigger than that , so i guess there are arguments for and against getting one now . i found that once 7 inches or so is reached , which took vinny around 6 or 7 months that growth noticably slows .

Might have to have a trip to wharf then tomorrow. Got a £15 credit note to spend + a bit of money on top. Would they be ok with my Jade Eyeds? BTW my female has coloured up immensely over the last week. She has some striking blue shimmers now and all her bottom fins and the bottom 1/4 of her body has gone almost black. :hey: she is also getting along with the male very well indeed!! :D

What else would you suggest for stocking with a Sev and JE's?

ime yes they will be fine with your jade yes . i had sevs with mine no problems at all . i dont think id be looking at more cichlids until the upgrade arivves to personally . maybe some dithers and a few smaller catfish would work tho

the colour changes with the spirulus are one of the coolest things about them . particularly if they spawn

ime yes they will be fine with your jade yes . i had sevs with mine no problems at all . i dont think id be looking at more cichlids until the upgrade arivves to personally . maybe some dithers and a few smaller catfish would work tho

the colour changes with the spirulus are one of the coolest things about them . particularly if they spawn

Yeah i would be steering clear of more cichlids, that would be my limit. What dithers and cats/plecs?

What i really want is one of these...

heros_severus_male_002.jpg

but they're very rare around here.

same round my way you dont see them that often and if you do they tend to be expensive . aquarist classifieds is well worth a look . to be honest the dithers i liked best with my cichlids was tiger barbs , a decent sized group of 10 or so keeps any agg within the group . really fun personality for a little fish . full of attitude but in a good way if that makes sense

Hmmm... May look into green tigers then now you have mentioned that! Also would like some Black Ruby Barbs so it maybe a toss up between them.

Most reactions

Back